Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Blake Barnett Transferring

From the press conference:

Saban on Blake Barnett: "He did come to see me today with concerns about his future. We'd love to see him be a part of the future."

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011

From his point I'm sure he wasn't happy only played a couple of downs against Kent St. not but one QB, am sure his playing time was going to get even less, Am sure there will be more QB's leaving and most likely lose one of the QB's we have recruited this year.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Question: Does he finish the academic semester and keep the credit hours if he's already left the team? Seems like a raw deal for the University if he can abandon his athletic commitment mid-season while reaping the other benfits.
If he finishes out his classes it won't hurt our APR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

He can definitely throw it, and only one QB can play. Don't blame him for wanting his shot. I'm on the side of stick it out for the year then go where you can play. I'm sure the coaches hate to see him go. He could develop into a fine QB, but that position is taken at Bama and everyone including BB knows it.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

From his point I'm sure he wasn't happy only played a couple of downs against Kent St. not but one QB, am sure his playing time was going to get even less, Am sure there will be more QB's leaving and most likely lose one of the QB's we have recruited this year.
I think you are on to something. I would like to have seen him play all the backup in that game considering he started the season as a co starter, his separation from Bateman and the importance of having #2 ready and how sparingly that can be. We never saw Barnett in a long stretch the entire season.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I guess if it was Cornwell leaving, it wouldn't be much of an issue
Speaking of Cornwell... If he or Bateman decide to leave after this season we could be down to 3 scholarship QB's. Worse yet, what if both decided to bail? Do we now possibly take a 2nd QB or look for a transfer?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Speaking of Cornwell... If he or Bateman decide to leave after this season we could be down to 3 scholarship QB's. Worse yet, what if both decided to bail? Do we now possibly take a 2nd QB or look for a transfer?
Either way, you will now take 2 QBs in next year's class, IMO.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I believe there two committed now, Tua and Mac Jones.
And a sophomore with a year under his belt.
I think it would be hard to get a quality transfer unless Jalen has an injury. None like a Coker for sure.

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA

Makes no sense. The year of eligibility is already counted. Even as a 2nd string, you'd get some reps and game planning and work on some of your weaknesses ETC. Now BB is totally out. He just wasted this year of development, instead of salvaging more out of it.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Blake honestly has the potential to develop into an NFL Quarterback prospect. He's 6'5, will add weight and strength, and is a really outstanding passer.
Our current offensive scheme seems to have changed to less power and more speed, mobility, and options.
Blake simply didn't fit that scheme. I kinda saw that coming and thus the reason I supported Jalen for our starting quarterback.
But I do think he made the right choice in transferring. Even at a San Diego State or some of the schools I've seen mentioned, he has a much better chance to help himself and his football career, and that's ALL he should be worried about.
Everybody has to follow their heart to have a chance to achieve their dreams.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Pardon the o/t digression, but, for sake of comparison..........

Alec Morris (our local hero) graduated, and went to UNT.

UNT is starting a freshman.

Things aren't always greener. But, at least he stuck with it, and got his degree.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Blake honestly has the potential to develop into an NFL Quarterback prospect. He's 6'5, will add weight and strength, and is a really outstanding passer.
Our current offensive scheme seems to have changed to less power and more speed, mobility, and options.
Blake simply didn't fit that scheme. I kinda saw that coming and thus the reason I supported Jalen for our starting quarterback.
But I do think he made the right choice in transferring. Even at a San Diego State or some of the schools I've seen mentioned, he has a much better chance to help himself and his football career, and that's ALL he should be worried about.
Everybody has to follow their heart to have a chance to achieve their dreams.
So you were cool with the way that Fran left Alabama then?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

In his press conference Coach Saban said he had not been told anything for certain

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Is this for sure? The only reference I've seen is from some new guy at AL.com. Looked around a little bit for something more solid, but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.