News Article: Blake Barnett quit the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Re: Blake Barnett Transferring

Ask Phillip Sims how it worked out for him. He couldn't even start at UV.
I don't blame him..he can start for pretty much any team. I wish it was after the season though...I liked having a good backup QB just in case of injuries. I wish him the best.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Gotta hand it to guys like Blake Sims and McElroy, they stuck it out.
Yup

Not going to wish Barnett luck. This was a spoiled, entitled move. He basically said screw the team, and showed that he cares more about what he wants now more than anything else. He had a lot of reasons to wait until he graduated to transfer, but he acted like a spoiled kid. I think he has a ton of talent but I now completely understand why he isn't Alabama's starting quarterback. He clearly was never mentally ready and he's not mature.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't think he made the best decision to do so. Many time a person who transfer in middle of season don't typically do well at other schools. I pray he reconsider this decision and stay until after the season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Ask Phillip Sims how it worked out for him. He couldn't even start at UV.
Moreover, will his teammates ever trust him? The hurdle to earn trust goes way up now. I certainly wouldn't trust him.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

So there is apparently a loophole in the transfer rule that allows him to go to JUCO mid-year and then qualify next year, even though he will technically "flunk out" of Bama this semester. He will indeed be eligible to play at D1 next September 28 as long as he does the following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

He should have to pay back the money tuition would have cost.
Question: Does he finish the academic semester and keep the credit hours if he's already left the team? Seems like a raw deal for the University if he can abandon his athletic commitment mid-season while reaping the other benfits.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Very selfish and IMO stupid move on his part. Reeks of immaturity which might have been a problem all along, who knows.
Temptation to say he ain't all he thinks he is, then you see a list of the "powerhouse" landing spots for Barnett - SD State, Colorado, Wazzu - and conclude maybe Barnett doesn't think of himself as all that, either. Also would help explain why Kiffin and Saban were keen on the FCS grad transfer Dakota Prukop from Montana State, with Barnett apparently failing to progress.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

Should have been before or after the season. NOT during the season!
Had a long way to go, but Blake was rated #2 quarterback 2019 draft by a few scout publications. That is some of the hype of him coming into the season. I knew he was going to be gone at some point. Passed over by a true freshman, family lives in California. Now or then.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=1002677&draftyear=2019&genpos=QB

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

And Nick Saban.
Saban left LSU for the Dolphins, and the Dolphins for Alabama, all to better the situation he truly wanted.
He didn't give a crap what anybody thought about it.
You can't blame him and thank goodness he made those decisions.
Blake's no different. He has the same right to try and advance himself.
Come on. Seriously??

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

Ask Mo Smith if the team hugged him on the way out.
Honestly, probably so..BUT, you still can't blame him. He has a life of his own and he deserves to do what he thinks is best.
I'd bet that most of the team has probably hugged him and wished him the best.
They understand.
It's the fans, for the most part, who get so upset.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Should have been before or after the season. NOT during the season!
This is preseason, and the point was to show his mindset going into the season. At 19 looking at publications predicting you as the #2 QB in the 2019 draft, starter, co starter, to buried. This is the norm for these bluest of blue chip QB's. He was the highest rated since Croyle, and then probably back to the 70's or 60's at Bama.

You can either try to rationalize the erratic or the perceived irrational or just throw out scorn, or both. I am attempting both.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Saban left LSU for the Dolphins, and the Dolphins for Alabama, all to better the situation he truly wanted.
Come on. Seriously??
Sip, I can agree with a lot of what you`re saying. I also believe that the vast majority on the board don`t necessarily disagree with Blake leaving. As with most things in life, however, timing is everything. Unless there are aspects of this we don`t know, which is certainly possible, the main beef, I believe, is when he chose to do it.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

........I think he should skip JUCO, get private coaching. His credentials are high enough to not have to prove anything, and will have a choice of 20 schools that are at least televised regionally......

I disagree here. Barnett has a ton to prove. In live game action he's looked bug eyed, slow to process information, clumsy with the ball while showing very little escapability and pocket awareness. Blake needs to prove he's a not a quitter, that he can dig in when it gets hard and lead a team at the most important position on the biggest stages. I've never seen great leaders put themselves in a position where they have to explain themselves and their actions. But that's what he's about to be doing, som 'splaining

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

If I recall correctly CNS left after the season not during the season.
Come on. Seriously??

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

Preseason was fall camp. The season started with the USC game. Finish the season then leave and everyone understands.
This is preseason, and the point was to show his mindset going into the season. At 19 looking at publications predicting you as the #2 QB in the 2019 draft, starter, co starter, to buried. This is the norm for these bluest of blue chip QB's. He was the highest rated since Croyle, and then probably back to the 70's or 60's at Bama.

You can either try to rationalize the erratic or the perceived irrational or just throw out scorn, or both. I am attempting both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.