Status
Not open for further replies.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Re: Blake Barnett Transferring

Even if there was dissension on the team and somebody was mean to him...Kitten.

He's a quitter and stupid, to boot. There's every chance in the world that Jalen will get hurt running or, just have a bad passing game. BB could have come in off the bench, been all-world, and saved the day and looked NFL ready. What a

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009

I really thought he was going to be the guy & really looked like the better passer to me, albeit in limited action. One bad step, one torn ACL & he would have been the starter & may have never lost the job. I memory of Les Miles, maybe the kid just didn't have the chest to compete.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

His father used to be one of the biggest Bama cheerleaders on social media. He's been awfully quiet this season. I have no use for anyone who quits on his team. This reeks of spoiled, selfish, entitled rich kid. I hope he changes his mind after reading comments on social media about quitting on his team. I guess we will all find out soon enough.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Blake Barnett Transferring

I thought the message from his dad/camp was that regardless of PT BB was going to graduate from Alabama and then explore other options at that point. I wonder how much of this was BB's decision or was he strong armed by his dad or someone else who might be in his ear. Just really weird timing for this to be solely his own decision..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Saban left LSU for the Dolphins, and the Dolphins for Alabama, all to better the situation he truly wanted.
He didn't give a crap what anybody thought about it.
You can't blame him and thank goodness he made those decisions.
Blake's no different. He has the same right to try and advance himself.
Come on. Seriously??
He didn't walk out in the middle of the season.

Your responses make me think you've never been part of a team, honestly.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I think some of you need some clarification.

I have not seen a single post bashing Blake for leaving, not one. Every post bashing him, and I believe rightfully so, is for him leaving mid-season and QUITTING on his teammates.

That is inexcusable, and frankly childish. I have never wished ill of any of our transfers, but I can not support someone quitting on the team. Has he waited a couple of months, everyone would pat him on the back and wish him luck. Now he's going to get blasted, and I can't blame anyone for it.
AMEN!

That's the point - if he leaves now, he's proving it's all about BB, not about the team. If that's the case, I refuse to wish him well.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Saban actually handled his NFL departure pretty well despite how the media framed it. He never talked to Alabama until after their last game. He did his job until the job was done for the 2006 season.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

Good kid. Sorry to see him go. Wish him nothing but the best in his future.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

The timing of this is the central issue. I'm disappointed but not surprised, and unfortunately we are going to see more of this. More and more kids today have an entitlement mentality.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I don't think there are many teams out there planning to start a guy who is ineligible for the first 4 games of 2017. It is worth fighting for from the Barnett camp because it does add some value to his recruitment. Especially for a team who may not be incredibly sold on their QB group and would be likely to look at other options as the season progressed. Or just plain availability so he isn't a "dead" scholarship counter all of 2017.
georgia fans would fall for it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

As for Saban, there may be rules limiting what he can say about Blake transferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007

Coach Saban sounded alot more understanding than most people in this thread,lol.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

As for Saban, there may be rules limiting what he can say about Blake transferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#11 cheating, but is last post.
Certainly he doesn't want him to leave? So Coach will be vague. I bet there will be at least one more meeting to finalize, then he will be more upfront. Not sure there are many rules on a player quitting team. I think Blake has not told coach to his face yet, so coach is reserved. Not sure if he will.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I'm like most of you. He shouldn't quit in the middle of the season. He should have honored that commitment through the year. If he transferred in January, I would have no problem. He should do what is best for himself and his family at that point. Once you start quitting, it gets easier and easier. Good luck to you, Blake. I hope things work out for you. I think anyone who does not want to be a part of our program should leave. That goes from water boys all the way up to Saban, but I do hope Saban wants to stay about 10 more years. :)

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA

As someone mentioned earlier, I got the feeling BB "didn't have the chest" to compete. To me, he didn't have the intangibles. He'll transfer close to home and have a mediocre career.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Someone stopped me in a store and asked me who I hoped got the starting job. What came out of my mouth surprised me. I blurted out Hurts.

I'd been a big fan of Blake Barnett's potential, earlier on I'd even said there was no chance that Hurts would start as a true freshman. But, something about watching him play at A-Day, you could just see he had something special. If he had asked me who was the most talented, I probably would have said Blake Barnett, but when put on the spot Hurts was the guy I wanted to have the ball.

I think Barnett really proved Saban and that gut reaction to be correct. Does anyone here think Hurts would have transferred at this point if he wasn't the starter?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Coach Saban sounded alot more understanding than most people in this thread,lol.
Especially when he said that he was going to focus on players who put the team first. Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.