Tim Williams arrested for carrying a pistol without a permit

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Just read this entire thread and can say that after 8 pages, the "rest of the story" was obvious yet I had to sift through 10 more pages of mostly comments of folks who didn't take the time to read. LE SIGH.

The Brandon Chicken thing has me laughing out loud--literally. I can't believe the cops bought that hook, line and sinker. [emoji23]

I'm glad at age 22, an Alabama football player is still afforded his constitutional rights and the ability to control his movements and whereabouts. I drive around everyday with my .40 Glock under my seat. And, no, my permit isn't up to date. And I know it. Doesn't make me a criminal but it's not smart either. Point being, people of all ages do things that are not smart sometimes because they forget, are too busy, etc. Tim did everything by the book to obtain his license to carry. Once he ponies up the permit, charges will probably be dropped. And we will still have whiney jerks posting on TF who think these kids need to be tarred and feathered. LE SIGH 2.0.

ROLL TIDE.
Better watch out. You will be suspended from posting in the game thread this Saturday for your glock not being properly registered. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
Agree, the gun is no issue. Letting a guy in his car smoke pot in public is something NFL people will consider bad judgment and/or character. Some NFL teams will let it go and some will look at differently. Not a huge thing but you never know how far you can fall when using bad judgment (see Robert Knemdieche -sp?, Honey Badger, Tunsil).
It's a shame the NFL considers college students who smoke a little dope as having a character flaw. I understand perfectly that it's illegal in most places, but it's far more common than I suspected years ago. I personally don't partake (owing to 20 years in the USAF where it was frowned upon even more) but know many folks who do. I don't have an opinion on it one way or the other, but with so many serious character flaws evident in the NFL, it seems smoking a little pot is pretty minor. Then again, I'm boycotting the NFL anyway.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Its less of a "character flaw" than it is just purely a risk factor for his eligibility to play.
This - they just want these guys on the field. They represent a huge investment. Anything that potentially puts that at risk is going to be weighed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.