Tim Williams arrested for carrying a pistol without a permit

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Then stay out of those situations. It is really not that hard.
I'm sorry, this is nonsense. He has a constitutional right. Get a permit, do it the right way, but to say just because he's a big strong football player he doesn't need to carry is awful presumptuous. Muscles won't do a thing for you in plenty of situations.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Read the report. he got extremely lucky. It looks like he got temporary permit from the store and he just didn't have it in his possession. 2. he could've got hit with a "green" charge but didn't. He was very lucky.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Dadgumit. Timmy and these guys have GOT to make better decisions. No, I don't think he's a thug and I'm not calling him stupid. But riding around with a firearm and drugs at 0200 isn't putting yourself in a "good" situation. Ugh, so frustrating.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
The first question is why did he choose to be out - anywhere - at 2am Thursday of a game week?

As I've said before, you can avoid many bad situations by being at home, in bed, asleep at that hour.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
The first question is why did he choose to be out - anywhere - at 2am Thursday of a game week?

As I've said before, you can avoid many bad situations by being at home, in bed, asleep at that hour.
I remember how I was as a 21-22 year old college senior, and I'll give you everything but asleep. I enjoyed company....and fellowship.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I can't tell you how many times I was out at 2am on a Thursday before I had an exam or even an occasional final the next morning. Not all of us were choirboys.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I can't tell you how many times I was out at 2am on a Thursday before I had an exam or even an occasional final the next morning. Not all of us were choirboys.
I blew off studying for an important test once because a hawt chick asked me to drive her to see her sister. We are out until 2 or 3am and then awake for another 2 hours. Memories. :cool:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
This is probably the most moderated forum on the internet. I hope your feelings aren't hurt too badly from reading all the mean words.
Why don't we be respectful of fellow fans opinions? I don't happen to share Tideflyer's particular opinion on the thread, but I think he's welcome to it without disrespect.

Back on topic, if Tim sits this week I wonder who we will get to see in his spot? Evans? Hall?

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Considering TW had a temporary permit from LA but didn't have it with him (had the receipt instead), I'm not sure this charge is enough to warrant any punishment from the football program. He could just as easily been arrested for driving while leaving his driver's license at home.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, but this charge looked a whole lot worse before these details emerged...

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Why don't we be respectful of fellow fans opinions? I don't happen to share Tideflyer's particular opinion on the thread, but I think he's welcome to it without disrespect.
He's certainly welcome to his opinion, but when it comes in the form of a suggestion discussion should be shut down, you can expect some resistance.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I get that he is young, popular, away at college, and feeling all of the great things that come with those things. I made similar mistakes when I was his age. But, guess what? They were mistakes. Just because I made them doesn't mean that they were not mistakes.

My advice to my boys, one of whom is in college right now, has consistently been that you increase your risk of encountering life altering circumstances by being out after midnight. I am sure that he also makes mistakes of this sort. He is a bright kid with a bright future, so long as his luck holds out.

My point - being young and full of all of the great things that come with youth does not excuse the mistake itself. You take your chances, and deal with the consequences of your decisions. A lot worse than an arrest for a minor gun charge could have happened. Heck, I can think of too many "maybes" to count.

Fortunately his consequences will be minor. Hopefully others will learn from this. And the lesson should not be, well, you are young so we expect you to do stupid things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.