Tim Williams arrested for carrying a pistol without a permit

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
If Saban told the team they couldn't go into a certain bar, would you support the players of legal drinking age if they did go there?
Going into a bar is not a constitutionally guaranteed right. Since we're playing "straw man", how about this one: If Saban required all team members to go to Catholic mass with him, would you support the ones that refused?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is getting silly with how the thread is going LOL!

So update:
Per Alex Byington on twitter, he has a court date on November 2nd with Tuscaloosa County District Court. This sounds like this could be two situation where we could see this played out: Charges being dropped or pay the fine. We probably wont know about his playing status until tonight on Coach radio show or Saturday.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This is getting silly with how the thread is going LOL!

So update:
Per Alex Byington on twitter, he has a court date on November 2nd with Tuscaloosa County District Court. This sounds like this could be two situation where we could see this played out: Charges being dropped or pay the fine. We probably wont know about his playing status until tonight on Coach radio show or Saturday.
Right before the LSU game....

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Tim you are given a scholarship to play football at one of the best places on earth, And you do stupid crap like this ! REALLY !!!!! Why does it seem the WEED / GUNS go hand in hand ! . Is it a stupid culture thing ? I believe when a kid grows up around stupid stuff like this, it is somehow embedded .

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Considering TW had a temporary permit from LA but didn't have it with him (had the receipt instead), I'm not sure this charge is enough to warrant any punishment from the football program. He could just as easily been arrested for driving while leaving his driver's license at home.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, but this charge looked a whole lot worse before these details emerged...
Yeah, sounds like your typical justification charge for investigating people out past midnight on a week night. I've been stopped basically at that exact spot at about 2am on a week night coming back from a friend's place. The officer was very clearly checking for sobriety, but I ended up with a ticket for my license plate illuminating light being too dim...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I appears that the arrest was at 29-SEPT-2016 0056 according to the arresting documentation. So splitting hairs but not 2am. :D

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Well, a bright side to all of this is that practically no one here seems concerned about the weed. Are we finally coming around to the inevitability of legalization? I sorta kid, my great home state will be one of the LAST to legalize if it ever happens...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.