Tim Williams arrested for carrying a pistol without a permit

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This doesn't sound serious at all given the specifics. Some people are going to overreact because of their political sentiments, but it was a minor violation. I'd be in the camp of perhaps a suspension for Kentucky and that's it. He didn't hurt anyone, he didn't even try to hurt anyone.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've probably said this before: he's either sitting a quarter/half/game or nothing happens at all. That is the extent of the punishment here. The low bail cost should let you know how serious the TPD thought it to be.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This doesn't sound serious at all given the specifics. Some people are going to overreact because of their political sentiments, but it was a minor violation. I'd be in the camp of perhaps a suspension or Kentucky and that's it. He didn't hurt anyone, he didn't even try to hurt anyone.
Any time we have a player who was arrested, it's always the same people who over react.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Surprised Saban didn't say anything about that last night. I think he won't announce that. I think we'll see tim dressed out but not play.
That would be my guess. No doubt whatever "testing" that was going to be done has already been handled and the results were known yesterday. Seems this is now going to be about Tim making smart decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Things must have changed a lot since I was in school.

I recall one doughnut run late on a Thursday night in particular. Had a few inebriated passengers with me. We got our doughnuts before the fella in the middle of the backseat said that the smell of doughnuts made him sick. Once he started getting sick I hopped a curb on 15th and slid sideways in a vacant parking lot getting everyone out of the car. Bo and Luke would have been proud.

An officer watched the whole thing happen and never came across the street to check it out. He did pull out into 15th and drive by slowly, but never stopped. My how times have changed.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I recall one doughnut run late on a Thursday night in particular. Had a few inebriated passengers with me. We got our doughnuts before the fella in the middle of the backseat said that the smell of doughnuts made him sick. Once he started getting sick I hopped a curb on 15th and slid sideways in a vacant parking lot getting everyone out of the car. Bo and Luke would have been proud.

An officer watched the whole thing happen and never came across the street to check it out. He did pull out into 15th and drive by slowly, but never stopped. My how times have changed.
Did your car smell of "burnt marijuana"?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

was bohemian rhapsody playing on the cassette deck in your pacer?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I've probably said this before: he's either sitting a quarter/half/game or nothing happens at all. That is the extent of the punishment here. The low bail cost should let you know how serious the TPD thought it to be.
The arrest is not serious but the guy does not need to be in a public parking lot with a dude smoking and holding pot at 2:00am. I think a 1 game suspension is justified and then move on. The bad thing for Tim is the NFL will be all over this and will likely raise red flags and cost him $.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The arrest is not serious but the guy does not need to be in a public parking lot with a dude smoking and holding pot at 2:00am. I think a 1 game suspension is justified and then move on. The bad thing for Tim is the NFL will be all over this and will likely raise red flags and cost him $.
This will only cost him is he tests positive for weed, and you know that Alabama is testing him. The gun charge has been totally explained, and staying out late is SOP for NFL players.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Just read this entire thread and can say that after 8 pages, the "rest of the story" was obvious yet I had to sift through 10 more pages of mostly comments of folks who didn't take the time to read. LE SIGH.

The Brandon Chicken thing has me laughing out loud--literally. I can't believe the cops bought that hook, line and sinker. [emoji23]

I'm glad at age 22, an Alabama football player is still afforded his constitutional rights and the ability to control his movements and whereabouts. I drive around everyday with my .40 Glock under my seat. And, no, my permit isn't up to date. And I know it. Doesn't make me a criminal but it's not smart either. Point being, people of all ages do things that are not smart sometimes because they forget, are too busy, etc. Tim did everything by the book to obtain his license to carry. Once he ponies up the permit, charges will probably be dropped. And we will still have whiney jerks posting on TF who think these kids need to be tarred and feathered. LE SIGH 2.0.

ROLL TIDE.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Just read this entire thread and can say that after 8 pages, the "rest of the story" was obvious yet I had to sift through 10 more pages of mostly comments of folks who didn't take the time to read. LE SIGH.

The Brandon Chicken thing has me laughing out loud--literally. I can't believe the cops bought that hook, line and sinker. [emoji23]

I'm glad at age 22, an Alabama football player is still afforded his constitutional rights and the ability to control his movements and whereabouts. I drive around everyday with my .40 Glock under my seat. And, no, my permit isn't up to date. And I know it. Doesn't make me a criminal but it's not smart either. Point being, people of all ages do things that are not smart sometimes because they forget, are too busy, etc. Tim did everything by the book to obtain his license to carry. Once he ponies up the permit, charges will probably be dropped. And we will still have whiney jerks posting on TF who think these kids need to be tarred and feathered. LE SIGH 2.0.

ROLL TIDE.
Brandon can spare a few.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This will only cost him is he tests positive for weed, and you know that Alabama is testing him. The gun charge has been totally explained, and staying out late is SOP for NFL players.
Agree, the gun is no issue. Letting a guy in his car smoke pot in public is something NFL people will consider bad judgment and/or character. Some NFL teams will let it go and some will look at differently. Not a huge thing but you never know how far you can fall when using bad judgment (see Robert Knemdieche -sp?, Honey Badger, Tunsil).

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

ROLL TIDE.
This reminds me I need to renew my license. Mine expired.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.