Tim Williams arrested for carrying a pistol without a permit

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Re: Tim Williams arrested

Uh oh........

Wonder if Saban will discipline him? How many games?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree with others... waiting to see the facts on this situation before I say anything as well. I'll say this though, This is something team doesn't need right now between Barnett and this.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Not a big deal. He'll pay a fine and go on about his business. If he's smart he'll walk right across the hall afterwards and get his permit.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Not a big deal. He'll pay a fine and go on about his business. If he's smart he'll walk right across the hall afterwards and get his permit.
If he's smart he will realize it's silly to think a guy his size needs to carry a gun around in Tuscaloosa. Instead, it makes look him kind of cowardly in my opinion. As Saban said over the summer, nothing good happens around guns unless you are going hunting.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/saban_nothing_good_happens_whe.html

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If he's smart he will realize it's silly to think a guy his size needs to carry a gun around in Tuscaloosa. Instead, it makes look kind of cowardly in my opinion. As Saban said over the summer, nothing good happens around guns unless you are going hunting.

I'm sorry, this is nonsense. He has a constitutional right. Get a permit, do it the right way, but to say just because he's a big strong football player he doesn't need to carry is awful presumptuous. Muscles won't do a thing for you in plenty of situations.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
If he's smart he will realize it's silly to think a guy his size needs to carry a gun around in Tuscaloosa. Instead, it makes look kind of cowardly in my opinion. As Saban said over the summer, nothing good happens around guns unless you are going hunting.

Well, lucky for him the 2nd Amendment applies no matter what size you are. It's his Constitutional right to carry a pistol if he wants to. He just needs to get a permit to carry it in Alabama. It doesn't matter how it looks to you.

This isn't about the gun, it's about the permit. Another cash grab.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
if I am CNS, any player carrying a concealed pistol permit or not will be immediately and kicked off the team with no appeals. What the heck does a kid need a gun when he can just head butt someone and kill them. I would make it zero tolerance. This is the only way to stop it once and for all. I doubt he can implement such a ban but I sure wish he would.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.