Had to Put down my pal for the past 11 years this morning

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My pal is gone, he was an 11 year old Lhasa Apsa. I know this is an eventuality when you have a pet guys and girls, but I am heartbroken. Sorry, just had to get it out. Thanks.

Last edited:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Sorry to hear that. As 92T said, I've had to do that too many times and it always hurts. I still remember my German Shorthair Buck, best hunting buddy I've ever had and that was almost 16 years ago. Don't be one of those that say you'll never have another because you and the dog will miss out on a lot of good times.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
It's been two years this coming month the first cool spell, we had to put down my 14yr old lab chow, haven't owned a pet since. I know it's tough Gray.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Sorry to hear that. As 92T said, I've had to do that too many times and it always hurts. I still remember my German Shorthair Buck, best hunting buddy I've ever had and that was almost 16 years ago. Don't be one of those that say you'll never have another because you and the dog will miss out on a lot of good times.
hardest one for me was my first border mix. he showed up as a stray when he was about 4 months old and wouldn't leave. poor guy got cancer when he was just 7.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Sorry for your loss, Gray. The three I have now are numbers 14, 15, and 16 over 40 years...cried like a baby when we lost 1 though 13, and will again, I'm sure (my 11 year-old will undergo surgery to remove a growth a week from this Fri--not looking forward to that)...almost all have been rescues of one kind or another, but the unconditional love that they give is far more than anything I do for them...it is hard when we loose them, but I couldn't be without them...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Very sorry to hear, Gray. Just a few weeks ago I had to do this with our 16 year old rat terrier. My wife had had him since he was a puppy, and he had been a part of my life since we started dating 9 years ago.

It has been one of the most, perhaps the most, difficult thing I've ever had to do. To say he was part of the family is an understatement.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I am so sorry to hear this. My Maltese, Macy, who is in my profile picture died unexpectedly last year. She hadn't been acting right for about a month, but the vet couldn't find anything wrong. One Saturday, she started having seizures. By Tuesday morning she stopped breathing during a seizure and passed away. It was hard, and I will three in the coming years that I will have to make that decision on. It sucks for sure, but they bring us so much happiness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.