Saban says Tennessee is Alabama's biggest rivalry

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Probably in homes across the state, but not on the football field. This game almost always goes to the better team. There just aren't many upsets. Sure, because it is the last game of the season it can ruin seasons for teams on the cusp of something great, but when that happens it generally means that the team that got upset was pretty flawed going into the game.

Huge rivalry, and last game of the season. But most of the Alabama fans that I know and love do not celebrate after the win over Auburn - they breathe a sigh of relief and then move on with their weekend. Losses hurt worse than other losses, but wins are not celebrated like other big wins. Very strange relationship that Alabama fans have with this game.
Agree about Fulmer and the damage he did to our program but I was actually referring to on the field outcomes.
Like the TD field goal a couple of years ago or "Punt Bama Punt". Those games literally ripped my heart out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Agree about Fulmer and the damage he did to our program but I was actually referring to on the field outcomes.
Like the TD field goal a couple of years ago or "Punt Bama Punt". Those games literally ripped my heart out.
Well, the kick six stopped you from getting to the SECCG and BCSCG, so that one hurt no matter the opponent. Those are the games that haunt me, as a fan. Losses in games on fluke plays that end championship runs. Losses in games that don't really mean anything with respect a championship fade away easily.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well, the kick six stopped you from getting to the SECCG and BCSCG, so that one hurt no matter the opponent. Those are the games that haunt me, as a fan. Losses in games on fluke plays that end championship runs. Losses in games that don't really mean anything with respect a championship fade away easily.
Yep, and it's happened more than once. Off the top of my head Auburn upset Bama in 72, 89, and then two years ago.
We were ranked 2, 2, and 1 in those three games.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Yep, and it's happened more than once. Off the top of my head Auburn upset Bama in 72, 89, and then two years ago.
We were ranked 2, 2, and 1 in those three games.
I think we were #1 in 1989.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.