DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Last edited by a moderator:

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
I went to the Bengals/Dolphins game last night. They had a DJ. They actually showed him on the big screens. I enjoyed the fact that they played relevant music to multiple people but it is also nice to hear the band play as well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I love DJs outside of the stadium before and after the game, but during the games prefer the bands. But I understand the need to sell tickets. This is a huge business.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
you are an old fuddy duddy, but so am I and I hate it too.
You will really know you have arrived at Fuddy Duddyville, when you think... I have a better view on my TV and the Coffee pot, snacks, and Bathroom are all near at hand, w/o waiting in line.
Surgery 2 weeks ago, and I'm not really up for the jostling that goes with attending a game. Right now I really have to plan to stand up... ;)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Proud member of the OFD Club myself. Most of the "music" is too loud, badly timed, and distracting. The football is plenty entertaining enough for me. Whatever. I didn't care for the way they blasted it at the student section when I was a student and knew all the songs....

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
It's a football game, not a concert. As in most things, the kids don't pay the bills. Nothing wrong with it in moderation though...key word moderation.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
You will really know you have arrived at Fuddy Duddyville, when you think... I have a better view on my TV and the Coffee pot, snacks, and Bathroom are all near at hand, w/o waiting in line.
Surgery 2 weeks ago, and I'm not really up for the jostling that goes with attending a game. Right now I really have to plan to stand up... ;)
Hope you are feeling better soon.

I prefer the bands over DJ's. I can understand even having a mix of band and DJ/loudspeaker noise/music. That's probably the sweet spot right now.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Take this for what it's worth, but I'm a high school band director and we fight this too. The atmosphere isn't for the fans....it's for the players and recruits. You don't have this issue at HBCU's that are playing the latest radio music. If the bands would modernize, you'd have less of an issue. Now, I think we've reached a stadium size at many places where the sheer size of the stadium makes the bands less impactful, hence the attempts and piping them through the speakers, but if you've sat on the west side then you know just how horrible that sounds.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
In this day of personal media devices (Ipods, MP 3,4,5, etc.), I think it's strange that a University would even consider using something as antiquated as a dj to attract students to games. I also think that if a student wants to attend a game, they'll go regardless of the presence or lack of a sound system in the stadium. They're far more likely to bring their own to compensate for what they don't like or is lacking. If they don't, no dj or other sound system is going to attract them.

Would you go to a bar after work because it as a video game?

Last edited:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Having spent a career recording and mixing live music, I have a somewhat biased opinion.

Although some may think this a bit harsh, I believe all DJs should be chained to McDonald's checkout counters and their equipment processed through an Asplundh tree shredder, then ground into dust and molded into little piles of plastic dog poo. At one time I was pretty radical about it but thankfully, I have mellowed in my older age.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I guess I just like football, fans, food, and being able to have a conversation with friends and family in the stands without getting a headache just because the iPad generation has to be entertained every waking moment or they might decide to go to a hookah bar instead. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Djs must not be ALL the rage....remember last year on college game day they had that little dj chick that would have her setup on the show, they'd mention get by name and each episode she'd play them to one commercial?

Well, she ain't there this year (and no one replaced her.)

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.