September stats comparisons between Hurts and Coker through first 4 games

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
That is terrible title I came up with, but I wanted to share something with everyone. I pulled the stats from espn.com

In the month of September, I've noticed some interesting stats from both of the players, Coker from last year and Hurts this year.

Jake Coker:
In month of September, he threw 68 passes out of 123 for 786 yards. Completed 55 percent. Averaged 6 yards per play with 8 touch down and 4 ints. He had 5 sacks to account for that.
Coker rushed 15 times for 45 yards averaging 3 yards with 1 touchdown.

Jalen Hurts
In month of September, he threw 64 passes out of 102 for 727 yards. Completed 63 percent. Averaged 7 yards per play with 5 touchdowns and 1 int. He had 3 sacks to account for that.
Hurts rushed 45 times for 251 yards averaging 5.6 yards and has 3 touchdowns.

This is going to be real interesting year for H

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
That is terrible title I came up with, but I wanted to share something with everyone. I pulled the stats from espn.com

In the month of September, I've noticed some interesting stats from both of the players, Coker from last year and Hurts this year.

Jake Coker:
In month of September, he threw 68 passes out of 123 for 786 yards. Completed 55 percent. Averaged 6 yards per play with 8 touch down and 4 ints. He had 5 sacks to account for that.
Coker rushed 15 times for 45 yards averaging 3 yards with 1 touchdown.

Jalen Hurts
In month of September, he threw 64 passes out of 102 for 727 yards. Completed 63 percent. Averaged 7 yards per play with 5 touchdowns and 1 int. He had 3 sacks to account for that.
Hurts rushed 45 times for 251 yards averaging 5.6 yards and has 3 touchdowns.

This is going to be real interesting year for H
October is when Coker took off as a QB last season. If Hurts improves like Coker did, look out.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If the O line settles in in front of Jalen and the RB`s, we`re going to be really hard to handle. IMO, that will most likely happen real soon as soon as RG is sorted out between Shank and Lester. The other 4 spots are locked and loaded.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
September Coker does not help Alabama win a championship. December/January Coker was so much better executing your offense that they might as well be viewed as different players.

If Hurts comes close to that kind of improvement as a passer, I don't see how you can be beat.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
September Coker does not help Alabama win a championship. December/January Coker was so much better executing your offense that they might as well be viewed as different players.

If Hurts comes close to that kind of improvement as a passer, I don't see how you can be beat.
Having a broken big toe played a part in that. We just weren't aware at the time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Looks like we are watching Jalen grow up quick. There is already a world of difference in his play. I think he will really WOW us before the year is over.

Once again Coach Lane Kiffin has found a winner, and is feeding him plays that work.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama

I agree, and Hurts will have to improve also in order for Bama to win a championship. I think he will since Lane Kiffin has worked miracles with Blake Sims and Jake Coker the last two seasons. It's also nice to see that Hurts is a step ahead of where Coker was at this time last year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree, and Hurts will have to improve also in order for Bama to win a championship. I think he will since Lane Kiffin has worked miracles with Blake Sims and Jake Coker the last two seasons. It's also nice to see that Hurts is a step ahead of where Coker was at this time last year.
Hurts took a few big steps forward tonight.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.