GA News: OnlineAthens - Prince Avenue Christian outlasts Commerce 21-14

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
September 30th, 2016 09:24 PM

BOGART | It took Prince Avenue Christian’s Thomas Huff three tries to find the end zone in the final minute of the Wolverines 21-14 win over Commerce Friday night.
But, with 10 seconds left, he did.
The score broke the tie for No. 3 Prince Avenue Christian (6-0, 5-0), which grabbed a key Region 8-A win over the 10th-ranked Tigers (3-2, 2-2).
"It was tight trying to get in there those first three, four plays," Huff said. "And then everybody blocked the right guy and Carter (Sexton) led me up the middle to the endzone."
Huff’s touchdown was set up by a 39-yard run from Wolverine running back Grant Roland.
"It was a passing down, they knew we trying to push the ball up the field, so they dropped everybody in coverage and our linemen did a great job of giving me grass to run," Roland said. "I just tried to go upfield and get as many yards as I can."
Commerce scored on its opening drive off a 7-yard run from Cole Chancey, but missed the PAT.
Prince Avenue Christian’s Grant Roland found Christian Parrish on a 75-yard scoring pass with 10:29 left in the first half.
Chancey tied the game at 14 in the third quarter with a 13-yard scoring run and the two-point conversion.
Prince Avenue Christian tripped up Chancey on 4th-and-1 to end a potential scoring drive.
The Wolverines also withstood a turnover after Kyre Ware picked off a pass from Roland.
"He forces one right there as we think we're going to move the ball and comes right back, short term memory and runs it down to the 2-yard line," Prince Avenue Christian coach Greg Vandagriff said of Roland's play. "He continues to make great plays for us."
Commerce will host Providence Christian at 8 p.m. Friday.
Prince Avenue Christian will host Lakeview Academy at 7:30 p.m.

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.