Game Thread: Texas vs OSU

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
This could wind up a Texas win (since this is B12) but right now I am seeing a Texas team who looks like it has never practiced at all. What did they do during the week? Charlie needs to be shown the door, this is all he has to show for three years?
You're joking, right? On the reals, have you watched Texas play since the rose bowl vs Bama? This is players making tackling mistakes.

I'm not gonna put that in the head coach, cause that is the player. Same reason they lost to CAL

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
You're joking, right? On the reals, have you watched Texas play since the rose bowl vs Bama? This is players making tackling mistakes.

I'm not gonna put that in the head coach, cause that is the player. Same reason they lost to CAL

No, I am not joking. I guess we are seeing different things. But one thing we can agree on I think: Both teams should throw away the PAT chart and just go for two the rest of the game :)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
It appears the Big 12 has solved that question of admitting Group of Five teams watering down the conference. Baylor is losing to Iowa State in 3rd qtr 42-28. So, I wouldn't worry about watering down the conference.:) cause it won't take much water.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Gators and Vandy - these two teams have terrible offenses. And Vandy's coach is an idiot.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Switched over to this no defense game and had to laugh at the mullet on the head coach of OKST.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Texas' players are still primarily underclassmen.

He's at least fixed the offense, you don't fire Charlie Strong with fear that he won't help the young defense in coming years. That program was pure garbage, and he had to do an entire upheaval there.

Now he has in place a quality FRESHMAN QB, and a strong offense. They'll be better this year even, and competing for the playoffs in the next 2 years. He's probably one of the top 10 coaches in America. Everybody jumps on the next big thing bandwagon like a Tom Herman, well Strong has proven it at Louisville, and would get another job if he wanted it this offseason.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Wait, there are still people who think Charlie Strong was a good hire by Texas? I thought this year was supposed to be his year, after he purged all those evil Mack Brown recruits that went 17-9 and proceeded to go 11-14. Let's not get into the fact that it took double overtime to beat a mediocre Notre Dame team. This is his third year, if he can't win this year with his own guys, he has no excuses left. Texas isn't going to let him have 3 rebuilding years to 1 good year, he has to prove he can win consistently, not just when he has a bunch of quality seniors.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I hope Texas and Strong win out. I just don't want to hear any stupid rumors.
It has been a while since THAT one has reared its head. Fact is, as a gambling man, I feel more and more comfortable betting the house on CNS retiring from Alabama.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.