Game Thread: UT @ UGA

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not impressed with TN right now. I think this is third weeks in a row that they went into second half being behind. They can't keep doing that, especially not against Alabama.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
both sides of their LOS disappear for spurts in every game I have seen. Dobbs has 5 bad throws for every 1 that makes the highlights. Hurd is an attitude problem.
Yeah, that's what I've noticed. They are very inconsistent and go through periods during games where they are basically sleep walking. That's not a sign of a championship team. They've done it in two of their biggest games this season, needing big comebacks and a hail mary to win. That type fortune eventually runs out. I'm hoping by the time we get to Knoxville Hurts will be that much more seasoned and comfortable in the offense and the offensive line is getting "lathered up" and "gelling". I have no doubt the defense will show up. If the offense can start truly "clicking" and Tennessee pulls the sleep walking through periods of games routine. We'll run them out of their own stadium.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I think beating the Vols twice will be tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we were to lose once out of the two to them, I'd rather lose that regular season game and then beat them in the SECCG. We can still get into the final four with a single loss as long as we win the SECCG.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think beating the Vols twice will be tough.

Honestly I don't. I'm surprised anyone who's watched them play in every game this year thinks they're elite. They're soft of the lines, immature, and they consistently underperform.

I think they lose badly next week at Texas A&M and to Bama the week after.

Frankly, I'm not convinced anyone is the SEC East is really that good. I think the top four teams in the conference might all be in the west (Alabama, Ole Miss, TAMU, and Arkansas)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Honestly I don't. I'm surprised anyone who's watched them play in every game this year thinks they're elite. They're soft of the lines, immature, and they consistently underperform.

I think they lose badly next week at Texas A&M and to Bama the week after.

Frankly, I'm not convinced anyone is the SEC East is really that good. I think the top four teams in the conference might all be in the west (Alabama, Ole Miss, TAMU, and Arkansas)
aTm fits into that category as well. I think beating UCLA and an undefeated Arkansas has masked how really average aTm really is. It was on display yesterday against USCe. Im leaning aTm just because it is at Kyle Field, but don't be surprised if Tennessee comes up with another miracle.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Could somebody send a big donation to crimsonaudio? Every time he hopes they both lose, we get an awesome game (last week with the Barn, this week).

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
DANG, if not a HAIL-MARY and a melt down by the dogs, I was spot on. Tennessee will lose, I still am not sold on them, They are GOOD, not great !

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I haven't read through this thread but can someone explain to me why I'm not overly impressed with Tennessee, even with a 5-0 record? I watched the majority of that game (except for the last hail mary) and guys, I'm simply not impressed with Tennessee. What I see is a lot of fortune and a lot of let up by the other team when they jump out on UT. Georgia along with Florida had their foot on their throats (figuratively of course) and let them up. Momentum swung and as we all know once "Mo" changes sidelines he ain't switching back.
totally agree with you, I have been saying since their 1st game "I'M NOT IMPRESSED" They are getting all the breaks , that they have not gotten before ! I believe once they loose, the wheels will get lose, not fall off, because the schedule suxs after us !

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
DANG, if not a HAIL-MARY and a melt down by the dogs, I was spot on. Tennessee will lose, I still am not sold on them, They are GOOD, not great !
I think the problem is what are we being sold on?

Are we being sold on them being an elite team? If we are then we were lied to.

Are we being sold that they are the best team in the SECE? They were last year and seem to be this year as well.

Are we being sold that they win the East? They probably jus did yesterday because unless either Tennessee loses to a weak East team then it appears the SECW losses wont matter with the way UF is playing. UF still has to play a very inspired LSU team and Arkansas. I don't see them going 2-0 in that stretch.

I picked Tennessee to win the East, but they wont win the SEC. SO I have my doubts about them being this great team, but I still think the other 6 teams are dumpster fires that are very fortunate that we don't play 3 cross division rivals anymore or else only UT and UF would make a bowl game.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I think we will opportunities to sack the UT QB. We need to make sure we put him on the ground.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
aTm fits into that category as well. I think beating UCLA and an undefeated Arkansas has masked how really average aTm really is. It was on display yesterday against USCe. Im leaning aTm just because it is at Kyle Field, but don't be surprised if Tennessee comes up with another miracle.
A&M was playing without Myles Garrett, Speedy Noil, Ricky Seals-Jones, and RT Jermaine Eluemunor against USCe. They are a very good team and if the viles have a first half performance like they did against Florida and Georgia then they will lose to A&M and Alabama.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
A&M was playing without Myles Garrett, Speedy Noil, Ricky Seals-Jones, and RT Jermaine Eluemunor against USCe. They are a very good team and if the viles have a first half performance like they did against Florida and Georgia then they will lose to A&M and Alabama.
Meh, but if Trevor knight was all that then the scores throughout the year would've been way more lopsided and less in doubt. I'm beginning to think that he really is an average qb that is living off of a 1 big game heroics. Point is there is a good reason why he was beat out by a walk-on transfer at OU. Don't get me wrong he is good when he is good, but if aTm takes a punch to the chin I don't think they will recover with Knight.

Comparing who the Vols have played to who the Aggies have I would say Tennessee has gone through way more. We have seen the aTm undefeated thru 4+ games pratically every year that Sumlin has been there and the massive overreaction that follows it as well. But how many 10 wins or better has he had??? 1 (2012). I think it's funny everyone is trashing Tennessee and Ole Miss but hyping up Arkansas and aTm when both ole miss and Tennessee have probably more experience and talent top to bottom and have gone thru statistically harder schedules than both Arkansas and aTm.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.