Bama players kneeling before game

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Well, now that I have read all of this, time for the forum nerd to stick his unusually large proboscis out there.

Funny how no one has brought the fact that Colon Pumpernickel didn't have any of these............uh.........concerns, until he....................

Converted to Islam.

Fact.

I'll let y'all ponder that mystery, whilst I torture '92 with some surf music............
where did you hear that?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
where did you hear that?

Dude, you just need to be inquisitive. It is out there. No, I do not remember all of the places where that was stated. What do I look like? Google? Ask Jeaves? Just because it was not on the Huffing-n-puffing Compost does not mean it didn't happen.

And those same stories had another hidden gem. (No, it wasn't about how he converted, thanks to his main squeeze. Who IS NOT a goat. I'm sure she is a nice young lady. A bit misguided, perhaps. Who knows?)

He had some sort of injury last year, and as a result, he lost a fair amount of muscle mass. Ok, no problem, for a pro athlete to put that back on, right?

As the Captain would say:

"Well, you're wrong!"

Seems that along with getting Mr. Pumpernickel to convert to Islam...................

She has also turned him into a vegan.

You don't need a Ph. D. in biochemistry to figure out "No protein = no muscle".

That is what unnamed NFL GMs are saying about the real reason that he is not on the field. And won't be with their team, if he gets cut.

I suppose we should feel sorry for him, as his problems are just beginning. And he has no clue!

But, since he makes around $12M a year more than any of us...............no, not about to feel sorry.

Now, here is a woman, that is a goat:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I did fact check. He denies it. Sounds like something straight out of Breitbart or the Wing Nut Daily.

So he's dating a Muslim. Whatever. I dated a Jehovah's Witness. Didn't turn me into one.

And FYI, it's perfectly possible to perform at a high level as a vegan if you're careful with your diet. Tony Gonzalez says hi. He was playing like crap before he became a vegan. That's why he's riding the pine.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I don't have a problem with people protesting. Even if it's from a standpoint of ignorance. What I do not agree with is burning down/destroying other people's property, especially if you don't even live in the neighborhood. All you are doing at that point is just confirming you are what people have stereotyped you as.
I understand why some of these younger kids are "protesting". They're being force fed the garbage coming from BLM and other groups associated with that ilk. It's not really much different from white skinheads who are conditioned by their parents and "leadership" in their sphere of influence. Garbage in produces garbage out.
As someone else has previously indicated, a large part of this is perpetrated by the media. I will add to that that it is pushed very hard by the politicians on both sides. Divide and conquer comes to mind.
If it weren't for people protesting this country would still be British.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Considering a vast majority of my black friends are middle / upper middle class and aren't involved in anything different than I am (work, church, family), I don't know what you mean. They drive nice cars, live in decent areas, etc.

I've shared this story before, but I'll share it again - one of my chirruns is best friends with a black child at church, and they often go home with each other to spend Sunday afternoons together. Great, well-educated, middle-class family - literally the only tangible difference between them and us is the color of our skin. So one Sunday after their child came home with us we decided to meet at a midpoint between our houses in order to make it easier on us. They suggested we meet at 7pm in the Bed Bath & Beyond parking lot. So I leave at 6:30 and around 6:50, as I'm approaching the exit, I get a text from the mom saying that she and her husband would be inside the Barnes & Noble bookstore next door browsing. Why? Because BB&B closed at 6PM and they knew by their life experiences that a black couple sitting in the parking lot of a closed store would draw attention. This would heave NEVER have crossed my mind in a million years - I've done that exact thing before without giving it a second thought. But this awesome family, who literally do nothing to attract police attention, have had enough experiences with the police that they are conditioned to think that way.

I have other stories like this I can share if need be - all from great families with ZERO happening in their lives that would require interaction with the police.

So yeah, in the case of my friends they're treated differently because they're black. You can guess all you want, but their reality is different than yours and mine.
This same thought (except for the element of race) has crossed my mind in the same type of situation and I am white. I worked for a guy who got checked out by the police when he was sitting in his car parked on the street while waiting for his daughter to finish piano lessons at the teacher's house; he is white. When something like this happens to a black person, too many people are saying it is due to race when it is not.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I did fact check. He denies it. Sounds like something straight out of Breitbart or the Wing Nut Daily.

So he's dating a Muslim. Whatever. I dated a Jehovah's Witness. Didn't turn me into one.

And FYI, it's perfectly possible to perform at a high level as a vegan if you're careful with your diet. Tony Gonzalez says hi. He was playing like crap before he became a vegan. That's why he's riding the pine.
scott jurek (subject of the appalachian trail thread a while back) is one of the top ultra marathoners in the world with multiple 100 mile wins and course records and he is a vegan (since the '90s).

i went vegetarian one year for lent. it was a year where i was doing a lot of running and races and i had a rough few months. it took most of the summer and fall for me to get where i wasn't dragging arse. i don't have the discipline to do that type of diet properly.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
If I might offer a suggestion: Perhaps the whole thing could be decided in the locker rooms before the teams ever run out onto the field. If any players don't plan to stand during the National Anthem or other ceremonies, they can stay inside until it's over. Afterward they can walk out and join their respective teams. No harm, no foul, no problem.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
These guys protesting and those supporting the protests during the national anthem keep saying "It is their right" to protest. It is a right we all have, but when it's on your employer's time it's a privilege, not a "right". Will Colin Kap. use his own personal time to go down to his local police station and protest out front? If he's concerned about lack of an audience I can guarantee you any media outlet that got wind of it would be down there with a live feed covering it for the world to see. But I highly doubt we'll see him or any other players using their own personal free time protesting. When it's their own free time other things become more important for them to do. But when it's their employer's time and they have to be there to get paid, all of a sudden it's near and dear to their hearts. :rolleye2:

As a fan/customer of professional and college sports entertainment. I've grown tired of the politics being integrated more and more into the product. I get enough of it when I watch my local and national news. Every time I'm on facebook that's all I see. Everywhere I turn some form of politics is being pushed in my face. It's like eating the same thing for breakfast, lunch and supper everyday. After a while it gets old and I become desensitize to it. No matter the issue.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Anyone find it odd that the 49ers are in copper-black-black uniform combo and the cards are in their traditional all white uniforms. Bad planning for their color rush unveil.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.