Poll: Is there anyway Ed Orgeron gets the LSU job?

Can Ogreron win the LSU job?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Only If everybody else says no

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Depends on who LSU beats

Votes: 25 36.8%

• Total voters

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Yes, if he goes 7-1 or 8-0, I think he gets the job. Or if he goes 6-2 and beats Bama.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Just food for thought...

Jimbo has already lost 2 games, and SHOULD have lost a third.

He still has to play Miami, Clemson, and Florida...that's probably 2-3 more losses.

Might be a good chance for him to get out while he can from Tallahassee.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I am starting to wonder if Jimbo is really "all there" for FSU this season, and isn't distracted by more back room job offers from LSU. He has honestly been too good of a coach at FSU since day one for FSU's woes this season to make much sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I actually expect him to go 6-1 losing only to us. He's proven he's pretty good in this short term role. Long term? I don't think so. He's a good shot in the arm but not a long term cure.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Coach O has probably learned a lot since his Ole Miss coaching days. There is a strong contingent that would like to see him remain. I know that LSU wants a big name coach that would be a splash hire. I've got to believe that Herman will wait to see what Texas does and Art Briles is still radioactive. Coach O just might be the man. It'll be fun to watch!

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
There are plenty of problems with hiring CEO permanently, but the first is that he was already there with CLM. CLM wasn't fired because of lack of motivating or lack of recruiting, but lack of offense. Keeping CEO means they just should have fired Cameron and kept Miles (which is probably what they should have done). If they simply promote Ogeron they will never live it down if he has a bad year next year. Firing CLM is going into complete rebuild mode so they better go all the way.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
It's important to note he speaks their language, and if he can continue to get offensive production then I think he has a legit shot.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If they go on a run and beat us and go to Atlanta I think he gets the job. Outside of that I say no way. And if I am an LSU fan I hope that doesn't happen.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
LM was mediocre to poor at OSU; this time I think they want someone who knows how to win, even if it's in the AAC. 15-1 aint shabby no matter who you play (and give him some credit for beating Bama while he was OC at OSU), and if his qb doesn't get hurt he could be 16-0.
Ogre is "family", so there's that. He's from LaRose, doesn't get much more "down the bayou" than that.
But IMO they want somebody who has proven they can win - and beat Bama.
Les Miles was mediocre at OSU??????

Oklahoma State Overall Record from 1989-2000
48-74-3

Les Miles at Oklahoma State 2001-2004
28-21

Record vs Oklahoma
2-2 (keep in mind two of those teams played for the national title and a third was defending national champs)

Incidentally, Miles has an overall better coaching record by far than a guy who is in the College Football Hall of Fame - Jimmy Johnson. And both coached at Okie State. Oh...and Miles's record at Okie State was better, and he coached in the Big 12 as opposed to the old Big Eight, too.

Could we please drop the historical revisionism? Just because Miles underachieved the last few years and isn't Nick Saban doesn't make him mediocre. His record supported his hire at LSU.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Zero chance in my opinion.

They fired Les after 4 games because they wanted to get a leg up on other top programs for the best, sexiest coaching hire, not because they were going to be content to promote from within.

They're going to do everything they can to make a splash.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
I think if he beats Bama, no matter how, he will get serious consideration, given the lack of elite coaches and the number of big jobs that may be open by January.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Maybe, maybe not. Nick Saban wasn't the Nick Saban we have now when we hired him, if you catch my drift...
You got that right. He wasn't even the Nick Saban that LSU hired when he left for Miami. I was like, "dadgum corndogs hired the Michigan State coach...go figure." If they do kick Ed to the curb then they need to go to the same voodoo kitchen that cooked up that decision made a couple of coaching searches ago.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
You got that right. He wasn't even the Nick Saban that LSU hired when he left for Miami. I was like, "dadgum corndogs hired the Michigan State coach...go figure." If they do kick Ed to the curb then they need to go to the same voodoo kitchen that cooked up that decision made a couple of coaching searches ago.
LSU could have a mutiny on their hands before this year is over due to the fact the players obviously like coach o and if he somehow gets the sense he's not going to be hired.....lookout

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I think WHO he beats is the key. If he beats Bama...then the odds go way up. A loss to Bama all but solidifies a, "Thank you. Here's the door." from LSU.

I think LSU will come after Saban to see how he feels about coming back. If not, I see Jimbo jumping ship at FSU and coming to Red Stick. I think Herman replaces Strong, though I hate to see Strong get fired.

FWIW...the GusBus is not on the hotseat as much as everyone likes to point out. The Clemson loss does not look as bad now, nor does the T A&M loss. These teams are currently ranked 3 and 8 respectively. I think 8 wins is enough to get him another year.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I think WHO he beats is the key. If he beats Bama...then the odds go way up. A loss to Bama all but solidifies a, "Thank you. Here's the door." from LSU.

I think LSU will come after Saban to see how he feels about coming back. If not, I see Jimbo jumping ship at FSU and coming to Red Stick. I think Herman replaces Strong, though I hate to see Strong get fired.

FWIW...the GusBus is not on the hotseat as much as everyone likes to point out. The Clemson loss does not look as bad now, nor does the T A&M loss. These teams are currently ranked 3 and 8 respectively. I think 8 wins is enough to get him another year.
Let's all hope......

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Only if poetic justice isn't served, and Ed Orgeron doesn't get the Oregon job, er, Zer-0-gon job.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Could we please drop the historical revisionism? Just because Miles underachieved the last few years and isn't Nick Saban doesn't make him mediocre. His record supported his hire at LSU.
Says here Le Smiles' record also supports his hire at Tejas - if he wants the job. Gotta believe he would clean up at the Big 12 appetizer table.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.