Poll: Is there anyway Ed Orgeron gets the LSU job?

Can Ogreron win the LSU job?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Only If everybody else says no

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Depends on who LSU beats

Votes: 25 36.8%

• Total voters

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I had a fifteen minute conversation with Coach O at one of our high school football practices this summer. You can't help but like the man and his enthusiastic attitude. I think the players will respond to him well. Not sure about his CEO roll abilities but he will continue recruiting great talent if given the position. That and a good supporting cast could do well for him. He wins out, he has a shot. I hope he doesn't win out but I like the guy.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I answer question like.......can you be hit by lightning twice? Yes you can.......but the boosters do not want "O" to win out. They do not want to fire Les and replace him with an assistant that has done this before. They want Herman, Freeze, Jimbo, and others, this is the year of the coach. Imo, as a booster, would be that the players are playing harder, but will it last next year? Is this emotional or sound coaching? Remember this is still a Les Miles built team, not matter the inspiration.

I put the chances of Orgeron getting the top 10 LSY job at about.........5%. He would have to beat Alabama, win the west to even be considered. But you never never know.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
One thing I'll give Orgeron...Gene Stallings had a losing record when he went to Alabama. Bill Belichick was not all that great the first time around in New England. Pete Carroll was not that good the first TWO times around in the NFL. Coaches DO learn and evolve and learn from their mistakes.

On the other hand...his accomplishments at USC came when they didn't 'really' count. It's a whole lot easier to coach when it makes no difference how it turns out than when the pressure is on. Franchione's 2002 probation team has to be viewed in that context - when it doesn't matter what you do, you can do insane things like onsides kick twice in a game - because win or lose it doesn't matter. Terry Bowden's first two years at Auburn fall under the same category (he couldn't win: a) with his own recruits; b) once the games REALLY counted). It's too much like a baseball team out of the pennant race in July that gets hot and plays .640 ball over the final three months and barely misses the playoffs......and then everybody thinks they're a contender the next year. It almost never happens.

I, for one, will be VERY surprised if he gets the permanent job even if he beats us.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.