Joshua Jacobs Named SEC Freshman of the Week

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I just went back yesterday to review the recruiting roundup on this year's freshman class. I had forgotten the whole deal about Jacobs being somewhat ignored by big schools early in recruiting and Bama picked him up rather late.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
His vision and footwork are incredible. He makes something out of nothing when most back would be tackled for no gain or a loss.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`d say he`s showing every sign of being special. Great eval job on the part of the coaching staff. IMO, he`s already a "good " RB as a pure freshman. If he stays healthy, think of him in a year or two......

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I really like Joshua Jacobs but hope Damien can stay healthy, especially for the next 4 game stretch. Was Joshua hurt on that last play he had towards the end of the game v Kentucky, or was that another running back? Looked like he banged up his knee. I sure hope we can keep everyone healthy, especially our starters on offense because we will need to score lots of points in October! Non offensive TD are great, but we need to score on offense more just to be safe. I miss Stewart and hope he can play Saturday!

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I really like Joshua Jacobs but hope Damien can stay healthy, especially for the next 4 game stretch. Was Joshua hurt on that last play he had towards the end of the game v Kentucky, or was that another running back? Looked like he banged up his knee.!
I think on Jacobs' last carry he did not get hurt but rather almost lost his shoe. It appeared that he was smiling pointing at his heel where it had come out of his shoe and his funny walk was attributed to him walking with half of his foot sticking out of his shoe. At least that is how it appeared.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Happy for him! It seems everytime he touches the ball, he gains positive yards. I get the feeling we will need him BIG the next three weeks.

RTR! and congratulations, young man!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Jacobs is an instinctive RB. Watching him run and make guys miss you can see how natural he is at the position. I'm happy for him and glad that he's stepped up amongst the freshmen.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I think on Jacobs' last carry he did not get hurt but rather almost lost his shoe. It appeared that he was smiling pointing at his heel where it had come out of his shoe and his funny walk was attributed to him walking with half of his foot sticking out of his shoe. At least that is how it appeared.
I think that maybe what happened also. I thought he was limping off but he was smiling and a couple of other players on the sidelines was smiling (almost laughing ) at him as well.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Jacobs seems to make moves while he's making another move or while on one foot - kind of like another #25 -- Linnie Patrick
Just watching him move the pile reminds me of Mike Fracchia.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.