Our Record Over Next Four Games - What Will It Take to Still Win the SECW???

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Only one we can afford to lose is UT, and that's only because they're in the east. If we lose only to them, we still control our destiny, not just for the SECCG, but alfor the playoff.

If we go 3-1 in that stretch, and the loss is to someone other than UT, we need help to get to Atlanta, which means we need help to get into the playoff. After the hoo-hah in 2011, there's no way we get in without being SEC Champs.

I think we're better than all four of those teams. The problem is, as it always is, with the grind of the SEC. It's just numbers:

If you assume we have a 70% chance against each one of the four, that translates into a 24% chance of winning all four. In order to have a 50/50 shot at winning all four, we have to have an average chance of winning each individual game of 84%.

Just play one at a time, and keep on keeping on.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
From what you see???

I lived it, attended it, know it.1992 Alabama NEVER had to depend on the auburn magic tennessee has lucked into

Just forget it, or let Selma answer it because you just aren't getting it by me explaining it without putting variables in the equation that weren't the meat or point of the argument. Because you are still comparing TEAMS ON THE FIELD and not WINNING IN SEEMINGLY UNIMPRESSIVE FASHION . If that doesn't hit it home then nothing I will ever say will, so I'll let Selma do it.

Fwiw One of Selma's most liked championships is the 92 one because of his hatred of the Miami dynasty. So if he is saying it then it clearly is in no way comparing the success of the 2 teams.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Just forget it, or let Selma answer it because you just aren't getting it by me explaining it without putting variables in the equation that weren't the meat or point of the argument. Because you are still comparing TEAMS ON THE FIELD and not WINNING IN SEEMINGLY UNIMPRESSIVE FASHION . If that doesn't hit it home then nothing I will ever say will, so I'll let Selma do it.

Fwiw One of Selma's most liked championships is the 92 one because of his hatred of the Miami dynasty. So if he is saying it then it clearly is in no way comparing the success of the 2 teams.
I maintain there is a huge gulf between winning in a dominant fashion but by an unimpressive score, perhaps...

And depending on magic and luck and officiating like ut so far

Good Night

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Only one we can afford to lose is UT, and that's only because they're in the east. If we lose only to them, we still control our destiny, not just for the SECCG, but alfor the playoff.

If we go 3-1 in that stretch, and the loss is to someone other than UT, we need help to get to Atlanta, which means we need help to get into the playoff. After the hoo-hah in 2011, there's no way we get in without being SEC Champs.

I think we're better than all four of those teams. The problem is, as it always is, with the grind of the SEC. It's just numbers:

If you assume we have a 70% chance against each one of the four, that translates into a 24% chance of winning all four. In order to have a 50/50 shot at winning all four, we have to have an average chance of winning each individual game of 84%.

Just play one at a time, and keep on keeping on.
I have refrained from commenting on this thread. I guess I grew up in the 70's with CPB. We never said we will go 3-1 in a stretch and win. The level of expectation was we won them all. Oh I do think CPB won a few SEC championships. Why should think this team will loose. I for one am damn proud to be a baby boomer and didnt have to deal with the internet and smart phones. We just kept on winning.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I maintain there is a huge gulf between winning in a dominant fashion but by an unimpressive score, perhaps
Well maintain that all you want and I will even agree if that was what the comparison was about, but you are totally in left field in the point being compared even though you are factually correct in the subject that you think the comparison is about.

Good night ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yup.

This year, I'm more confident than ever that we will make this four game stretch undefeated. Yeah, things can happen, but this team not only has the talent, but it seems to have 'it'...

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
No one has a crystal ball but if we show up and play each game like we are capable of, we blow all of them out -- even with Hurts playing like a freshman. By that I mean, we win by 3 TD's. Before we really got started this season, the only team that came close to worrying me was Ole Miss. No reason we can't do it. If we lose, it will be because of blind luck (always possible any season) or we just don't show up.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
It's actually one of the better. Miami was viewed as the unstoppable juggernaut while Bama was viewed as lucky to be there. Bama had so many close wins that some people called them the nickname the "cardiac kids".
I think you are referring to the 1994 team. The '92 team only had 2 reg season games that were not more than one score: So Miss early 17-10 and #13 UT by the same score. Bama dominated the UT game and let them sneak in late. It's a common recited myth that the '92 team had a bunch of close games. They only blew a few out, but most were comfortable wins with the way the game was played then and Bama's transcendent D.

The '94 team was also undefeated in the reg season, but it played several nail biters in which Bama was losing or tied late and had to drive for a game winning score or make a play on D. E.g., UGA 29-28, MSU 29-25, UT 17-13, Ark 13-6, AU 21-14. Even OM 20-10, OM was dominating then a thunderstorm struck suspending the game where upon resumption the momentum totally changed. It was a bizarre game altogether. That may be the season you were thinking about.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yup.

This year, I',more confident than ever that we will make this four game stretch undefeated. Yeah, things can happen, but this team not only has the talent, but it seems to have 'it'...
just me watching from the couch, but i see the 'it' in this team that i didn't see until about halfway through the season last year.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I'm fairly confident we dominate against Ark and UT. The only game I'm really worried about is A&M. We will know more about them this weekend, but they look for real. Defense is better and Knight is dangerous if we break contain. I'd like to see us perform like we did last time they were at home.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I have refrained from commenting on this thread. I guess I grew up in the 70's with CPB. We never said we will go 3-1 in a stretch and win. The level of expectation was we won them all. Oh I do think CPB won a few SEC championships. Why should think this team will loose. I for one am damn proud to be a baby boomer and didnt have to deal with the internet and smart phones. We just kept on winning.
That's when I was growing up too, but it's not that way anymore. In those days we only faced a couple good SEC teams a year and maybe 1 good out of conference game. It was much easier running off a undefeated record.

Today there is too much parity and competition.

For the record, I'm not predicting we lose any of these games. My heart always thinks Bama wins (even believed it during the Mike years), but just being realistic this is a brutal 4 game stretch and, realistically, if we go 4-0, we're bucking our own recent history.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think we have the talent to run the table. Its not going to be easy of course but if they stay focused they should go into the CFP undefeated. I'm thinking that we will see at least 3 undefeated teams in the CFP this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.