Hurricane Matthew

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yes, I hunkered down and was glad I did. Too many lunatics out on the roads! :eek:

No damage to house, no flooding in area, just a bunch of wind that tore up some of my landscaping and made a mess...and yes knocked down some of my fencing! :mad:

I got the whole place cleaned up pretty good - just need to do some fence repairs tomorrow..

Power still out but using my generator. Gotta get some gas soon - hopefully they will restore power soon.

My internet connection was just restored so thought I drop you worry worts a line.. ;)

The worst part is I don't have any results from the games yesterday so going to go catch up.....

Seriously - hope everyone else came through OK and thanks for the positive vibes!

PS - I did see you beat Arky....woot woot! :)

We were in New Smyrna Beach yesterday, off South Williamson and Airport. Was working around that "fly in community" but I forget the name of it.

So far Flagler Beach was the worst damage I've seen from Jacksonville down to Ponce Inlet as we've been all over between the two. We actually rode Matthew out in both Jacksonville and Lake City. Today I have no clue where we are going or if we are still staying as we were staying in Orlando and driving to Daytona Beach every day to get our marching orders and supposedly we are staying near Daytona tonight.

I know one thing, I'm tired! Lol. Done easily got over 82 hours since we left Thursday morning. Getting up at 3am and not hitting the bed until 10:30-11pm sucks! Haha yall be safe because there ARE idiots driving! This place was a mad house when the lights were out. I got a good pic or two but can't post right now.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Good to hear from you, Barehand and thanks for checking in.

You are spot on about the idiotic driving when the traffic lights were out....it's like paralysis hit and they're afraid to go, even with all cars at a standstill.....yeesh!

We had a crew from Tally here the past few days and I have some pics of them fixing the electrical in front of my house. Real nice fellas and they knew their stuff. All SemiNole fans except for one who was a HurriCane fan and two others who were Gator fans.

Sounds like you were working near the Spruce Creek Fly-In yesterday which is in Port Orange just north of us. If you take Airport Rd south you end up on Pioneer Trail which takes you to NSB the "back way".

The guys from Tallahassee said they were going to keep going north until everything was fixed....on up to the Carolinas if need be.

I hope you do get some rest, Barehand....take care of yourself and THANK YOU!!!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
We wound up with 131 hours in 8 days, just got home last night. Was a crazy and wild one. If he made landfall I'm afraid a lot of those barrier islands would no longer be there.

Yes we was working out of a substation over by Spruce Creek. We had to go in there to check a few houses, that place was CRAZY! Seeing 12 seater planes in folks backyards was something else.

Flagler Beach was by far the worst damage we seen. There was trees down EVERYWHERE there. A1A is gone is some places.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We wound up with 131 hours in 8 days, just got home last night. Was a crazy and wild one. If he made landfall I'm afraid a lot of those barrier islands would no longer be there.

Yes we was working out of a substation over by Spruce Creek. We had to go in there to check a few houses, that place was CRAZY! Seeing 12 seater planes in folks backyards was something else.

Flagler Beach was by far the worst damage we seen. There was trees down EVERYWHERE there. A1A is gone is some places.
Thanks for your work. We tend to take you guys for granted until the lights go out, then suddenly we realize how important you are.

Glad you got some sick OT as well. Much deserved.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Not a problem CA. Sometimes that's the nature of our job, lots of hours and little sleep. After about a week you just become a robot until you get home. It pays well but sometimes it ain't even worth it depending on who you work for and how you're treated. FPL is not quite our favorite utility, but the people we ran into were great.

Now time to rest all weekend.:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.