Link: Dicaprio...m the new AlGore

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Ironically, I'm sure Leo took a private jet just like his mentor did and punched holes in the ozone instead of travelling commercially or by land. Ironic...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Meh, I gave up boycotting people for whatever reason a long time ago - if you dig enough, most every artist will support something that will .... you off. Just enjoy their art for what it is and ignore them if what they say publicly bothers you.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Meh, I gave up boycotting people for whatever reason a long time ago - if you dig enough, most every artist will support something that will .... you off. Just enjoy their art for what it is and ignore them if what they say publicly bothers you.
It's a shame we are not able to disagree in a civil manner any more.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
As I yelled at a band waxing political at the Masquerade many years ago, "SHUT THE HELL UP AND PLAY"

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I actually somewhat agree with him. Big shocker, I know.

I wouldn't limit it to climate change denial though. Denial of things like climate change and evolution (the republicans, generally), modern medicine and the benefits of GMOs (Jill Stein and the Greens, and to some degree the democrats) are indicators of deeply flawed worldviews.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I actually somewhat agree with him. Big shocker, I know.

I wouldn't limit it to climate change denial though. Denial of things like climate change and evolution (the republicans, generally), modern medicine and the benefits of GMOs (Jill Stein and the Greens, and to some degree the democrats) are indicators of deeply flawed worldviews.
Just for clarity, believing the medicine is not worth the side effects is not denying that the climate is changing.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Just for clarity, believing the medicine is not worth the side effects is not denying that the climate is changing.
It's not whether the climate is changing. Of course it's changing, and has been throughout the history of this planet. Billions of years, in fact, before "Man" ever stepped foot on it. The argument is whether "Man" has been and is contributing to and thus has the power to reduce or reversely affect that change.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Well, there certainly are degrees, but there are a lot of folks on the right that reject anthropogenic climate change in it's entirety. In my experience, this list of 12 categories from rationalwiki tends to hold true:

1. Not only deny global warming, but insist the opposite is occurring. This goes beyond denialism and verges on the psychotic.
  2. Simply deny global warming is happening — and maintain that no action is necessary — an increasingly uncommon position.
  3. Global warming is happening, but it’s not caused by humanity — so we don’t have to change anything.
  4. Global warming is happening, and it is in part caused by humanity, but mostly it's caused by solar activity — so we don't have to change anything.
  5. Global warming is happening, and it is in part caused by humanity, but predicting future emission levels is equivalent to astrology — so we don't have to change anything, Ehrlich!
  6. Global warming is happening, it is caused by humanity, but it may be a good thing — so we don’t have to change anything.
  7. Global warming is happening, it is caused by humanity, it may be a bad thing, but [insert emotional appeal and/or false dichotomy about how doing anything about it would prevent the world's poor from improving their lives] — so we don't have to change anything.
  8. Global warming is happening, it is caused by humanity, it may be a bad thing, but there are still more serious crises that deserve higher priority — so we don't have to change anything.
  9. Global warming is happening, it is caused by humanity, it is a bad thing, but China and India aren't doing anything — so we don’t have to change anything.
  10. Global warming is happening, it is caused by humanity, it is a bad thing, and maybe China and India are willing to do something, but I've heard about this new energy source/technology that's going to completely solve the problem in 10-20 years — so we don't have to change anything.
  11. Global warming is happening, it is caused by humanity, it is a bad thing, but even if China and India do something it’s too late for us to do anything and it would cost us a crapload of dough — so we don’t have to change anything.
  12. Global warming was happening, it was caused by humanity, it is a very bad thing and previous governments could and should have done something, but it's too late now!

Your position is number 11. All that attitude boils down to is one thing thing; handwaving away any notion of mitigation.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's not whether the climate is changing. Of course it's changing, and has been throughout the history of this planet. Billions of years, in fact, before "Man" ever stepped foot on it. The argument is whether "Man" has been and is contributing to and thus has the power to reduce or reversely affect that change.
it is very well established in the scientific literature that the current climate change is caused by humans.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Written by another human hater, no doubt. Personally, I think if all the human haters were to commit suicide it would be a win-win for all the rest of us.
yes, climate scientists hate humans.

i hope you realize that the scientific literature on this was written by a large number of scientists, not just one "human hater"

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Written by another human hater, no doubt. Personally, I think if all the human haters were to commit suicide it would be a win-win for all the rest of us.
Today I Learned.....

97% if all climate scientists hate humans

Wow, who knew?

Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i heard that atheists hate humans too. not so sure about scientologists or new-agers
Not sure about the Scientologists or New Agers, but you have it wrong on Atheists, we love humans especially the baby ones........yum

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.