Question: Anybody think Fournette may "shut it down" the rest of the season?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Doesn't really matter. Derrius Guice had a break out game and proved that LSU can run the ball using a little offensive imagination. Heck, they may be better off using Fournette as a decoy for the remainder of the season.
Funny you should say that - and don't know if it's been said before in this thread - but I thought their (mis)use of Fournette, decoy or not, Miles keeping him on the field at the "wrong" time, and certainly getting him back in there on the last drive, was what cost the 'Who the game against All-Bran.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Funny you should say that - and don't know if it's been said before in this thread - but I thought their (mis)use of Fournette, decoy or not, Miles keeping him on the field at the "wrong" time, and certainly getting him back in there on the last drive, was what cost the 'Who the game against All-Bran.
agreed, coach O actually had it easier not having LF available. When Mile's put him in the backfield you knew exactly what was coming making him easier to stop. IDK, Fournette is a special athlete and all but the offensive philosophy has to keep the defense guessing to be effective.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LOL - ESPN reading TideFans? They have a story running today about this very subject.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Just pointing out to all those who keep arguing that LSU is playing for nothing, they are not technically eliminated yet from anything. They have 1 SEC loss, to AU, who is almost certainly going to lose several more. So, while it is not likely they are going to win out, still, they could. And then they'd be SEC champions! We cannot even rule out a 2 loss SEC champ making it into the playoff.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I just wanted to resurrect this thread since LF has such a monstrous night. #2 on Ole Mrs was hoping he had shut it down. He didn't play like a guy trying not to get hurt. And, he's no Clowney.

it will be interesting in 2 weeks to see if he can have better success with a changed offensive philosophy.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I just wanted to resurrect this thread since LF has such a monstrous night. #2 on Ole Mrs was hoping he had shut it down. He didn't play like a guy trying not to get hurt. And, he's no Clowney.

it will be interesting in 2 weeks to see if he can have better success with a changed offensive philosophy.
Last night was amazing to witness - at one point LF7 had 249 yards on seven carries resulting in three TDs - unreal!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

TBF, after watching the game, I almost went back and shut this thread down. Then, I thought it might make for some interesting discussion. Bama has always had good luck with LF7. The game will be interesting...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Imo, the very thought that LF7 might shut it down, or iow not play up to his potential, for the remainder of the year is just an excuse in advance for another poor showing by LSU on the field. Please. We don't need that type of favor. Hit the field running and give us your best for 60 minutes. We can take it.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Anybody think Fournette may "shut it down" the rest of the season?

LSU hasn't faced a defense like Bama's. Ole Sis has proven all year that they can't stop any run game. I haven't bought into LSU yet. Since the coaching change they've played some of the worst rushing defenses in the country. I love all the hype LF is going to get for the next 2 weeks just for Bama to break his little heart again!

A&M was Bama's toughest matchup of the year IMO. Auburn is the toughest test left. LSU will be a 20 point victory, count on it. They will not have an answer for our run game and we'll make them one dimensional. Defense will have 2 pick sixes and the Orgeron honeymoon will end.

Last edited:

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Re: Anybody think Fournette may "shut it down" the rest of the season?

LSU hasn't faced a defense like Bama's. Ole Sis has proven all year that they can't stop any run game. I haven't bought into LSU yet. Since the coaching change they've played some of the worst rushing defenses in the country. I love all the hype LF is going to get for the next 2 weeks just for Bama to break his little heart again!
No argument from me about the competition LSU has faced. I'm happy he is back and will have another shot against the best.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'm just gonna drop in here and saying the assertion in this topic's title is absurd. Fournette strikes me as a highly competitive guy. I don't think he's the quitting type.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

Of course Fournette is competitive (and a great player) and of course Buzzard is right if LSU had not have gained some second life. And I don't think this discussion will be interesting at all if LSU beats Bama (which is not likely) in which case this thread and all LSU threads would be subsequently shut down.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I'm just gonna drop in here and saying the assertion in this topic's title is absurd. Fournette strikes me as a highly competitive guy. I don't think he's the quitting type.
Well thank you that you felt you needed to point that out. But at the time of this thread it wasn't so absurd. Trust me. Fournette was frustrated and the things coming out of Baton Rouge about the level of his frustration and him thinking about his future wasn't absurd. But think what you will.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.