Question: Anybody think Fournette may "shut it down" the rest of the season?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Anybody think Fournette may "shut it down" the rest of the season?

Well thank you that you felt you needed to point that out. But at the time of this thread it wasn't so absurd. Trust me. Fournette was frustrated and the things coming out of Baton Rouge about the level of his frustration and him thinking about his future wasn't absurd. But think what you will.
That's fair, I didn't realize this was such a long-lived topic until this post.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I must say that these rumors have been around for a while, and they basically started with LSU fans.* Basically what was questioned was whether or not he was as nicked up as claimed or if he were just frustrated with Miles' management of the offense and its inability to let him really get going...

*Note - for those who don't know, our rumor policy is much more lenient with respect to opponents...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I just feel like LSU didn't need LF to beat Missouri or Southern Miss so they just rested him. They wanted him 100% healthy and rested for the back end of their schedule..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Ya, that works too. :wink:
If LF was still in the Heisman race and LSU was undefeated or had one loss LF would have played in those 2 games. But he's not in the heisman race and LSU already has 2 losses. I don't necessarily agree with the decision but from LSU's perspective it was the right call..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Not surprising - it's a high ankle 'sprain' - a misnomer if there ever was one.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
LSU has said for awhile he wasn't fully healthy, so this isn't a surprise.

The timing just makes it look really, really, really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

He is a great player; I held my breath every time he got the ball even though he was bottled up all night. He sure didn't look hurt. Bama is just so fast and there was no where to run. But he could have got just one crease it could have been a different game. Of course if "if and buts were ......

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

He is a great player; I held my breath every time he got the ball even though he was bottled up all night. He sure didn't look hurt. Bama is just so fast and there was no where to run. But he could have got just one crease it could have been a different game. Of course if "if and buts were ......
There was one run where Hamilton tackled him by the ankle, but if he hadn't, LF would have been running for a LONG time.

That's really the only time that I remember thinking one of his runs could have been dangerous...

There was one run where Hamilton tackled him by the ankle, but if he hadn't, LF would have been running for a LONG time.

That's really the only time that I remember thinking one of his runs could have been dangerous...
That truly was the only one.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.