Question: Anybody think Fournette may "shut it down" the rest of the season?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Anybody think Fournette may "shut it down" the rest of the season?

I actually thought the other back at LSU ran harder.
Guice runs like he wants it more.

LF7s first year he ran that way, then something happened. Most of the last two seasons he's only had big games when the D laid down, a la OM this season.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I'm betting Henry has the better NFL career.

Henry already had the better CFB career...
Without question on the CFB career. I just hope Derrick get's an opportunity behind DeMarco before it's two or three years down the road.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

In Fournette's defense, he was playing on a bad wheel.

[emoji208]Sent from my iPhone [emoji336]using Tapatalk Pro
No doubt J-Bama--but the other kid came in and really took advantage of the opportunity.
Still, the big talent is Fournette, and the NFL is going to take a chance on him, just like they did Johnny Manziel.
They gamble on potential rather than how good a player actually performs, and to me, that's why the NFL game is getting kind of boring.

No doubt J-Bama--but the other kid came in and really took advantage of the opportunity.
Still, the big talent is Fournette, and the NFL is going to take a chance on him, just like they did Johnny Manziel.
They gamble on potential rather than how good a player actually performs, and to me, that's why the NFL game is getting kind of boring.
Guice did do that. He looked good all season, except Bama happened to him.

[emoji208]Sent from my iPhone [emoji336]using Tapatalk Pro

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Without question on the CFB career. I just hope Derrick get's an opportunity behind DeMarco before it's two or three years down the road.
Best thing for him. He can save some carries and likely prolong his career.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Ingram was patient with the 'aints, and it's paying off for him. DeMarco won't be running wild much longer with his mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

That's a tough call Cajun. Fournette is like a Bo Jackson clone. I can't see him backing up anybody.
That's pretty high company to be putting Fournette with. I think Bo was one of the greatest pure athletes to ever grace the field period. Just a freak injury ended his careers early.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Guice runs like he wants it more.

LF7s first year he ran that way, then something happened. Most of the last two seasons he's only had big games when the D laid down, a la OM this season.
I agree. I guess to be fair LF7 has had some nagging injuries here and there but in big games he seems to come up small. You give him a hole and yeah he can run like a gazelle but Guice looks like the better and hungrier RB. I don't think Fournette is as good as Henry at all.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL

That's pretty high company to be putting Fournette with. I think Bo was one of the greatest pure athletes to ever grace the field period. Just a freak injury ended his careers early.
Right. But for LF7 it will depend on what system he gets drafted in, and plus RBs have such a short shelf life in the league, it won't be a surprise if he's sharing carries with someone else

"Roll Tide"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.