Question: Hurricane Matthew's impact on college football? (LSU-UF and UGA-USC postponed)

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'm not sure who's at fault here (other than the hurricane). If I was a team that had a home game add it was for Florida, I'd definitely not ent to go to a hostile place like death valley.

And if I was LSU, I surely wouldn't want to lose my by week before Alabama came to town.

That doesn't even address the millions of $$$$ lost to the LSU community if they have to cancel a noncon game to make Florida happen.

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well I guess your 12,700 posts means again you are the smarter guy. Shame on FL, they should have just loaded up a couple yellow school buses and made the trip to Baton Rouge today. Honestly, why do you even care if they play or not? I don't, I just know a smart business decision when I see one and FL jumped on it. If you can't see that, well I guess you are just another pudknocker that has nothing better to do, but to break down each sentence of someones post.
you might want to consider not posting in this thread again. just some friendly advice.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Why inconvenience Georgia? I wouldn't want our game moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a UGA fan, but I agree with them that their game can't be moved to the week before and stay in Jacksonville. I can't remember where I saw it, but there is a huge amount of work to configure the stadium from the Jaguars to the UGA-UF game and the Jaguars have a home game that week. I did hear a suggestion to do a two year home and home on the game in 2016 and 2017, but that isn't going to fly very well.

I think there are only three options:
1. Don't play the game and let the tiebreakers fall as they may.
2. The SEC buys out South Alabama and Presbyterian and puts the game on 11/19. Not fair to LSU, but life isn't always fair. Perhaps move their last game to 11/26, but that might not work.
3. Move the SECCG to 12/10 and play the game on 12/3. This would need the buy-in of the CFP people and, of course, ESPN. CBS would probably schedule it as part of a doubleheader with Army-Navy. I'm sure there are some problems with this (exams, perhaps?).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Y'all DO realize that when LSU loses to Alabama and Florida loses to UGA (or whoever they choke one away against this year), none of this will matter - right?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Disappointed on how LSu and Florida is handling this... I just wish SEC comm would lay down the law and make the team figure it out or ends up forfeiting the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.