Whiny baby LSU DAD melting over the 'cowardly' gators

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Re: LSU DAD melting over the cowardly gators

No offense taken at all....Alabama is obviously a great team and deserves to be favored in any game they play this season going forward. Florida is still in the rebuilding stages so naturally they would be huge underdogs in that game.

That said.....30 points? Seriously? :cool:
OK , 28 points

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

IMHO LSU are the cowards now. The Florida/LSU game is supposed to BE a home game for Florida. Florida should pay Presbyterian off and LSU should pay South Alabama off. Then those two teams could have their money and maybe play each other if they want. THEN LSU can go to Ben Hill Griffin stadium like they were supposed to and get the thing done.

If THEY are such crybabies about it then Maybe the SEC and/or Florida can reimburse them any lost revenue from losing their potential thrilling revenue busting home game against USA. LSU are the wussies. They wanted to get away with having 8 home games this year and 3 home games in a row against UF. But I'm also in agreement with an earlier post. If they won't come to agreement they should both take forfeit losses and be banned from any potential SECCG berth.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Home games are important revenue generators for the university and local economy. The second one isn't really a primary concern for the SEC or school but the first one is pure dollar and cents that LSU can easily quantify.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

IMHO LSU are the cowards now. The Florida/LSU game is supposed to BE a home game for Florida. Florida should pay Presbyterian off and LSU should pay South Alabama off. Then those two teams could have their money and maybe play each other if they want. THEN LSU can go to Ben Hill Griffin stadium like they were supposed to and get the thing done.

If THEY are such crybabies about it then Maybe the SEC and/or Florida can reimburse them any lost revenue from losing their potential thrilling revenue busting home game against USA. LSU are the wussies. They wanted to get away with having 8 home games this year and 3 home games in a row against UF. But I'm also in agreement with an earlier post. If they won't come to agreement they should both take forfeit losses and be banned from any potential SECCG berth.
I don't think you realize how much 1 home game is worth. Everyone whines and complains about playing fcs and lower fbs teams but fails to realize how much money fans drop into the university and the community during just 1 game. You are easily talking about $80 to $120 per person not including how much the city makes off of hotels and transportation services. Also think about the ticket refunds. So yes LSU has a legitimate complaint in that regard and I don't think Florida would be willing to accommodate that financial loss because to do so would put them in the same boat. The only way to settle at this point is a neutral site game or push championship weekend back a week.

And before people go on and say "aww cry me a river" again. Put Bama in LSU's place and USCe in Florida's place and say that us paying off a home game against Baylor ( since everyone seems to hate fcs , lower fbs, and directional schools) is the only way where both teams could reschedule. I know USA is nowhere near Baylor's amount of talent but same principle in that you are trading a home game for a bad road game deal because the powers that be couldn't settle it. I'm sure no one would be mad about that (blue font)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I don't think you realize how much 1 home game is worth. Everyone whines and complains about playing fcs and lower fbs teams but fails to realize how much money fans drop into the university and the community during just 1 game. You are easily talking about $80 to $120 per person not including how much the city makes off of hotels and transportation services. Also think about the ticket refunds. So yes LSU has a legitimate complaint in that regard and I don't think Florida would be willing to accommodate that financial loss because to do so would put them in the same boat. The only way to settle at this point is a neutral site game or push championship weekend back a week.

And before people go on and say "aww cry me a river" again. Put Bama in LSU's place and USCe in Florida's place and say that us paying off a home game against Baylor ( since everyone seems to hate fcs , lower fbs, and directional schools) is the only way where both teams could reschedule. I know USA is nowhere near Baylor's amount of talent but same principle in that you are trading a home game for a bad road game deal because the powers that be couldn't settle it. I'm sure no one would be mad about that (blue font)
To add to this great post, this isn't LSU's problem. They didn't cause it, so why should they have to suffer financially to fix it?

This problem lies at the feet of the Gators and the SEC office. If someone has to suffer for these poor choices, it should not be LSU.

If they are willing to accept that not playing the game works against them (not for them, as it does with FL), then the $$$ is obviously pretty important to them right now. Consider the state of the economy in that state - and LSU is a state school.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I agree LSU is right to protect the home game. The SEC would pay the buyout and compensate LSU for lost revenue. But local merchants in Red Stick would suffer. They get screwed bad enough when teams started playing neutral site games instead of home/home. Now they could lose another home game. With Mobile being a short drive, you'd have more out of towners than if they were playing Idaho.

Can teams invoke the buy out at this late date? I understand it is in the contract but this is cutting it close. I was just wondering if there was a time limit to it or can you just pull a Greg Brady at the last second and say something suddenly came up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Just had an awful thought. Being hurricane season and all, what happens if one bears down on New Orleans and Baton Rouge when Bama are scheduled to play?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just had an awful thought. Being hurricane season and all, what happens if one bears down on New Orleans and Baton Rouge when Bama are scheduled to play?
LSU will gladly accept Alabama's offer to host them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

LSU had the high ground. They surrendered it with the utterly absurd demand that Alabama have a game on 10/29 if they do. I mean, you've GOT to be kidding me....

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

My how the mighty have fallen.

I have no doubt Florida slow played this in order to ensure the game didn't get played this past weekend. Funny how Luke Del Rio should be back this coming week.

I do not believe any special accommodations should be made. No moving the Florida/Georgia game. No moving back the SEC title game. Either the game gets played on Nov 19, or it doesn't get played and both teams forfeit. Sankey is looking really ineffective in all of this too.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

My how the mighty have fallen.
I have no doubt Florida slow played this in order to ensure the game didn't get played this past weekend. Funny how Luke Del Rio should be back this coming week.
With all due respect that is total BS!

I'm surprised you would even entertain such an idea.

LSU is one of the most attractive opponents for us and this game was one that we had reserved to entertain our recruiting prospects as well.

And it was at The Swamp!

Why in the world would ANYONE think we wouldn't want to play this game?

It's just mind blowing......

If you think it has anything to do with the competition think again. FWIW, Del Rio was going to play THAT game.....and Fournette was not....it's not like LSU is unbeatable or anything....sheesh!

I do not believe any special accommodations should be made. No moving the Florida/Georgia game. No moving back the SEC title game. Either the game gets played on Nov 19, or it doesn't get played and both teams forfeit. Sankey is looking really ineffective in all of this too.
I agree with the above. In any event when the corndogs lose a few more games this season it won't really matter to them. Plus 10Rc is going to lose at least a couple more, so I doubt it will even matter to anyone in the end.

Except for the lost revenue by UF.....and all the total BS being spewed around that we have to deal with.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

LSU is one of the most attractive opponents for us and this game was one that we had reserved to entertain our recruiting prospects as well.

And it was at The Swamp!

If you think it has anything to do with the competition think again. FWIW, Del Rio was going to play THAT game.....and Fournette was not....it's not like LSU is unbeatable or anything....sheesh!

I agree with the above. In any event when the corndogs lose a few more games this season it won't really matter to them. Plus 10Rc is going to lose at least a couple more, so I doubt it will even matter to anyone in the end.

Except for the lost revenue by UF.....and all the total BS being spewed around that we have to deal with.
Extreme weather situations such as hurricane Matt inevitably puts officials in a no win situation. Everyone is a meteorological expert after the fact and can tell you with 100% certainty what should have been done. UF could have acted sooner and moved the game but the storm track seven or eight days ago showed Matt staying well off the FL coast. By last Thursday, it was too late to move the game so the only prudent action was to cancel. Now how do we reschedule? I see both side of the coin but the only realistic date to play the game is Nov 19th. So here is my proposal. Move the game to Nov 19th, pay off USA and PC. Next year play the UF/LSU game in Baton Rouge. In 2018 UF will play their "home" game in the superdome and split the proceeds.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

And it was at The Swamp!

Sorry Bazza, really I am. But Florida is the entity that did not want to play this game last week. Not LSU. LSU made every attempt to get the game played and they were all reasonable and would have worked. Florida refused them all. Sankey failed the SEC by allowing everything to fall through.

I can't figure a reason why other than Florida thought they could get the game rescheduled to a later date when their roster would be in better shape. I really don't think it's that far fetched.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Extreme weather situations such as hurricane Matt inevitably puts officials in a no win situation. Everyone is a meteorological expert after the fact and can tell you with 100% certainty what should have been done. UF could have acted sooner and moved the game but the storm track seven or eight days ago showed Matt staying well off the FL coast. By last Thursday, it was too late to move the game so the only prudent action was to cancel. Now how do we reschedule? I see both side of the coin but the only realistic date to play the game is Nov 19th. So here is my proposal. Move the game to Nov 19th, pay off USA and PC. Next year play the UF/LSU game in Baton Rouge. In 2018 UF will play their "home" game in the superdome and split the proceeds.
That makes as much sense as if UT and Bama had to reschedule because of a weekend of non stop tornadoes were supposed to hit Knoxville, and we decided to play in Bristol in 3 years to try to make up for it. The university is only hit for the stuff inside the stadium, but it's the city and state that are really hit by this the hardest. The hotels, transportation services, and the local businesses make a killing off of home games.

Also playing in the super dome cuts roughly 15k butts from Florida and 29k from a LSU home game. Would you expect Bama to sacrifice a home game to play at legion field nowadays? So there is absolutely no way they play in a 73k stadium and give all the extra money to New Orleans instead of Baton Rouge and Gainsville. The only way this happens on the 19th is if Florida gives up 50% of the revenue and agrees to play back to back games in Baton Rouge or something similar. Personally I doubt this game is going to be played mostly because the commissioner is a weenie.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
That makes as much sense as if UT and Bama had to reschedule because of a weekend of non stop tornadoes were supposed to hit Knoxville, and we decided to play in Bristol in 3 years to try to make up for it. The university is only hit for the stuff inside the stadium, but it's the city and state that are really hit by this the hardest. The hotels, transportation services, and the local businesses make a killing off of home games.

Also playing in the super dome cuts roughly 15k butts from Florida and 29k from a LSU home game. Would you expect Bama to sacrifice a home game to play at legion field nowadays? So there is absolutely no way they play in a 73k stadium and give all the extra money to New Orleans instead of Baton Rouge and Gainsville. The only way this happens on the 19th is if Florida gives up 50% of the revenue and agrees to play back to back games in Baton Rouge or something similar. Personally I doubt this game is going to be played mostly because the commissioner is a weenie.
Last time I check, tornados devastate a relatively small area with little warning while a hurricane can devastate hundreds of thousand square miles with it's expected maximum impact capable of shifting from one state to another in 24 hours. If BDS got wiped out in the tornado of 2011 three days prior to a game would you expect us to be capable of moving the game to Legion field by game day? Would you even want the game to be played that day?

Look at the history of the storm.

On Oct 3rd the storm was predicted to be well north of FL.

But the storm was abeam Gainesville on Friday night. It did not move a fast as it was expected to move.

Actual storm track

Eight days ago, it looked like they could play the game in Gainesville with no problem.

Bottom line, the SEC should have had a plan in place before there were no options. That way we would not be pointing fingers today.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.