Whiny baby LSU DAD melting over the 'cowardly' gators

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Last time I check, tornados devastate a relatively small area with little warning while a hurricane can devastate hundreds of thousand square miles with it's expected maximum impact capable of shifting from one state to another in 24 hours. If BDS got wiped out in the tornado of 2011 three days prior to a game would you expect us to be capable of moving the game to Legion field by game day? Would you even want the game to be played that day?

Look at the history of the storm.

On Oct 3rd the storm was predicted to be well north of FL.

But the storm was abeam Gainesville on Friday night. It did not move a fast as it was expected to move.

Actual storm track

Eight days ago, it looked like they could play the game in Gainesville with no problem.

Bottom line, the SEC should have had a plan in place before there were no options. That way we would not be pointing fingers today.
You really took my tornado example further than it was intended to go, it was meant to give a situation with Bama and their eastern rival and rescheduling, and not to try to have a meteorology debate.

Fine, lets say a tropical storm or hurricane made a game between Bama and UF reschedule a game in gainsville . Conviential wisdom says UF is more likely to work with Bama than LSU since they are not a common opponent on each other's schedule and the game tends to be earlier in the year. But let's say in some time in the future we go to a 3 game east schedule and UF and UT are permanent rivals. Would we ever make a deal to play in Ladd, the Ga dome, or Jacksonville to make up a game two years prior with an even split??? No we wouldn't because we would still be losing money by doing so.

But I agree that the SEC should've been more proactive in the discussions.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I never put this on Coach Mac anyway. Regardless, I still find UF far more at fault in creating this scenario a week into the discussion. I think Foley did right by his university to not cost them an SEC home game and protect his dinged up team a bit. I don't think he did right by the conference and was not a good-faith participant in the process that led to this game not being played at all last weekend. He slow played it to avoid conceding the home game for an LSU hosted alternative site but in the process he screwed over LSU's own home schedule in the process. It is unfortunate that Foley is going out looking like a dirtbag but I imagine it won't bother him much because at the end of the day LSU is going to get screwed and they're going to get their only good home game this season.

I honestly don't blame Alleva if he just sticks to his guns and forces the forfeit...assuming LSU is out of the consideration for the championship in a week or two. That way he can assure that the dirtbag move by Foley doesn't profit Florida at all.

Summary: Foley == Dirtbag. :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.