Good, bad, ugly--hogs edition

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Good the ground game

Bad 3rd down defense, not all of that's on the secondary

Ugly refs

Fugly Bret bielema is a waddling bag of garbage from A Golden Corral.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
good: offensive line, rbs, Jalen.
bad: secondary looking worse each week. focus not there.
ugly: officiating

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
Good: Hurts looks better every week. Pretty good catches and the RB corps looked incredible.

Bad: the secondary. Allen is good, but we'll face better qbs later this season, ESPECIALLY if we make it to the post season. If Bama plays those games like they did tonight on pass coverage,vi think it'll be embarrassing.

Ugly: bilema....and this

sent from my pyromaniac note 7
#6 must be a Chiropractic Major and that is an new adjustment technique for the neck.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Good: Quarterback pressure! Allen was hurried on 68.9% of his dropbacks. Wow ... Y'all may want to check it out: https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-alabama-arkansas-grades/

Bad: A half-dozen bad plays by the secondary marred an overall dominant defensive performance.

Ugly: Refs generally get a unfairly bad reputation (their job is really hard and mistakes are bound to happen) ... but some of last night's penalties were downright terrible.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Good : Offense, putting 35 on the board in the first half, NOT's.

Bad : Officiating.

Ugly : Secondary play...same thing we went through a couple of years ago when we could not get off the field in 3rd and longs...better suck it up before this weekend.

Last edited:

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL
Good: Quarterback pressure! Allen was hurried on 68.9% of his dropbacks. Wow ... Y'all may want to check it out: https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-alabama-arkansas-grades/

Bad: A half-dozen bad plays by the secondary marred an overall dominant defensive performance.

Ugly: Refs generally get a unfairly bad reputation (their job is really hard and mistakes are bound to happen) ... but some of last night's penalties were downright terrible.
I'm not sure of the exact criteria for figuring these stats, but he was hit way more than 9 times...

Sent from my STUDIO SELFIE using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I'm not sure of the exact criteria for figuring these stats, but he was hit way more than 9 times...

I heard 12 while watching an SEC show.

Even took a hit in the last minute of the game.

Maybe the stats keepers quit counting late in the game because they figured a backup QB would be in for mop up duty when the game was no longer on the line. What a retard move by their coach to leave him in...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
#6 must be a Chiropractic Major and that is an new adjustment technique for the neck.
It looked bad, but one hand was on the name on the back of the jersey and the other hand had a fist full of the shoulder of his jersey. I've seen other people posting that he had his hands around Hurts neck. He did not.

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL
I heard 12 while watching an SEC show.

Even took a hit in the last minute of the game.

Maybe the stats keepers quit counting late in the game because they figured a backup QB would be in for mop up duty when the game was no longer on the line. What a retard move by their coach to leave him in...
I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe they left him in that long. Especially the way he was getting beat around.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The good: Fast start, this game was over by around midway through the 2nd quarter.

The bad: Garbage time started early and our defense kinda airmailed the last 34-40 minutes of the game.

The Ugly: Officiating continues to set new low bars for quality. They called a hold that didn't happen against Arkansas but missed a baker's dozen of actual Arkansas holding penalties. There were a few soft DPI calls on our corners. Completely missed two clear as day personal conduct fouls committed by Arkansas. Idiotic diving call on one sack. Beilema not calling off the dogs after the 4th quarter pick six when all he was doing was improving the stats on his box score. Could've lost his tough and quite good QB to that idiocy.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
Good : run game, QB play, pass rush

Bad : officiating

Ugly : DB play. These guys are way too talented to look this terrible/lost as often as they do. I think we've all seen enough of wide open receivers, busted coverages, not locating the ball, etc.

Also, all of the dreads. Has the local barbers union been on strike the last few years? ( I almost used blue font for this one, but I'm really not kidding :))

Last edited:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- I agree with most, but I will add that the Offensive Line really played well.

The Bad- What's up with all the bush league crap from Arkansas?

The Ugly- It almost seemed like our DB's became nonchalant in the second half about coverage. Safeties were slow to get over on cover 2/3 and corners were not staying in phase and reading the wR's eyes.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Good: We won on the road against a top 20 team.

Bad: zebra vision, were they watching the same game as the rest of us?

Ugly: UF and SEC handling of hurricane Matthew.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
While no one is happy about giving up 400+ yards, sometimes you have to put them in context. Meaning, we gave up a ton of yards against Clemson in the CFPNCG, to Ole Miss several weeks ago, and again last night, but in all of those games a good chunk of yards were conceded when the game was decided and we were trading yards for time off the clock. That can, and does, at times distort the final numbers and overshadow an otherwise decent defensive performance.

That's not to excuse away some of the poor play earlier in the game nor our inability to get off the field on 3rd and long.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We gave up a ton of passing yards after Arkansas basically had to go off plan and scrap their gameplan to chase points. We looked very under prepared for them going 75-25 pass/run. Some credit has to go to Arkansas though. I thought they had a few good ideas up their sleeves to ease the pressure we were putting on Allen to give him a chance to make quick throws and move the pocket around for some throw backs or to go downfield.

This was nothing like the Clemson game in my opinion. Watson just beat good coverage and alluded solid pressure all night. Allen is very good but he's no Watson both in terms of pure athletic ability and arm. Their skill guys are not even close to the quality of Clemson's group last year. We had a bad plan for them going "wide open" in regular looks. Probably blitzed a bit too much and put our DBs on islands a few too many times. But like I said above, most of Arkansas' offensive production was extended garbage time with how our offense was moving it down the field and the ability to turn them over on defense.

I don't know how to evaluate it though. We've not looked good in man coverage against either of our opponents with a good quarterback. Definitely something to watch out for in our next two games as both have tall box-out receivers.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Good -won. great on both trenches. Kiffin
BAD - The refs calling the game too tight. Pruitt.
Ugly- That Arky put up so many yards and points.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.