Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. Hogs...

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Roll Tide! We still have work to do and still won by bunches. I don't want us to play a perfect game at the beginning of October, let's wait until January.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
RTR! Great Win. Left some points off the board. Did some things Coach Saban can yell about next week. Overall, I liked what I saw. Jalen looked a little more poised in the pocket and the timing is coming along on his reads and passes. Probably wouldn't have given up so many passing yards and 30 points but our defense was on the field a lot. TOP 37:07 to 22:53 Arkansas. Plus they were one dimensional and threw 48 passes. We looked pretty dominant in all phases of this one

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I want to point out that I'm assigning 85 percent of the blame toward Pruitt, and rest of it goes to the secondary for not executing properly. They were standing around all night long and didn't even bother to find the ball. I sometime wondered throughout the night whether they were taking Arkansas seriously or looking ahead to Tennessee.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
A win is a win... and a SEC win is always special.
Arkansas has a pretty good team, but we were much better.
Was it because of our killer Defense?
Was it because of Jalen Hurts?
Was it because of our talented Running Backs?

We had to be good to offset the Referees in this game. They were terrible.

GREAT WIN... Now on to Tennessee.
ROLL TIDE ROLL.
Memo to self... Buy Corn Dogs for next weeks game. ;)

Bamafan in BGKY

3rd Team
Jan 1, 2005
Bowling Green, Ky
I thought the offense looked better than it had at anytime during the year at points during the game but then stalled at times. Hurt is amazing. But what's scary is what if he hit some of our receivers in stride a time or two. We'd be unstoppable. Defense. I'm sure that if I see this that it's obvious to others but when things break down, that's when teams have the most success. I think to beat Bama you should just tell your receivers to go run around till everything breaks down and then we'll just throw the ball up and it'll work on 3rd and 20. I'm scratching my head with some of our DBs. I think they may have bought into their hype. I'd give $100 bucks to know what JP said although I can make out most of it from his lips.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Bielema did keep his starters in after the game was clearly out of reach and it got them a TD. If I'm Saban I remember that and run the score up on him next year in Tuscaloosa.
I like getting our 2nd and 3rd string some valuable reps against their 1st string. They will be our starters one day and can only benefit from the game experience.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
We have 3 or 4 NFL receivers on the team. If we are not able to get the ball to them, we drop one imo. We have the best Oline and Defense and running game I can remember. We just lack the ability to hit a receiver in stride on a long pass. We have a TF quarterback that will grow. The overall team is one of the best, just young.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Did the secondary miss some? Yes. Horrible? Not really. On some the coverage was perfect and their guys made the throw and the catch. The first TD was on the staff. They HAD TO call a timeout when Ryan Anderson went out wide against freaking Sprinkle. I'm guessing no one so it but I was screaming ;)

The other thing was some serious push offs. It's rarely called in when the crew is as bad as this one is they'll do it nonstop and they did. You could tell the guys were getting ticked off about it.

I know they take pride in their work so I expect they will be plenty motivated this week on their own. coach won't have to rail too much.

On a side not CBB is getting on my nerves now. Man did he belly ache from start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Our D is atrocious....seriously, I thought we had pretty good players and coaching on the D side....O-state would have hung 1,000 on us tonight with that kinda play....we're in big trouble if they can't fix this side of the ball play....

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I want to point out that I'm assigning 85 percent of the blame toward Pruitt, and rest of it goes to the secondary for not executing properly. They were standing around all night long and didn't even bother to find the ball. I sometime wondered throughout the night whether they were taking Arkansas seriously or looking ahead to Tennessee.
Not turning and finding the ball isn't Pruitt's fault. Blame our secondary coach, who teaches NFL technique in order to defend the back shoulder throw against Quarterbacks who aren't good enough to make the back shoulder throw.
It's ridiculous.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If we played aTm next week, I bet we would be favored by 6. We have some tough games ahead. aTm, Tenn and Auburn could all be a challenge.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Our D is atrocious....seriously, I thought we had pretty good players and coaching on the D side....O-state would have hung 1,000 on us tonight with that kinda play....we're in big trouble if they can't fix this side of the ball play....
I dont know....Ohio State had trouble with Indiana today. Very close game until 4th quarter

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Our defense, overall, is incredible, and it's the best pass rush we may have ever had, but the coverage our DB's are taught is horrific.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Not turning and finding the ball isn't Pruitt's fault. Blame our secondary coach, who teaches NFL technique in order to defend the back shoulder throw against Quarterbacks who aren't good enough to make the back shoulder throw.
It's ridiculous.
Ummmmm... No. Pruitt was calling some plays that had me looking at the tv in a weird way and I was wondering why call this and that. Go back to the first half, and you'll see Saban chewing Pruitt out several times. So yes, he deserves most of the blame. Rest goes to the players who didn't play fundamentally sound tonight. So it goes both way. I encourage you to go back and watch the tapes. Tell me why Ryan Anderson was lining up against a WR on the play that led to a touchdown in 2nd quarter? That was a mismatch waiting to happen.

DL line was good, LB was good, Secondary, not so good. Simple as that.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm pretty bewildered out how pleased some of you are with THAT performance. We have played 2 ranked SEC teams and here are our Defensive stats:

Ole Miss: 43 points, 522 yards, 421 yards Passing 3 passing TD's 23 1st Downs
Arkansas:30 points, 473 yards, 400 yards Passing 3 passing TD's 25 1st Downs

Averages:36.5 PPG, 498 YPG, 411 Passing YPG 3 Passing TD's PG and 24 1st Downs PG!!!!???

Tenn and A&M will both be ranked and both have Mobile QB's and quality receivers. LSU and Auburn could be ranked when we play either.

I'm not too confident in this Defense getting past all those tests. If we win any kind of Title this year it will be because we won a bunch of Shootouts.

Is the SEC the BIG XII now?? Quality defense just isn't a thing anymore??

I would have been more happy with a 19-0 win than 49-30. The Defense is just embarrassing.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
If we can ever put it all together, we could be scary good. As it stands right now, though, I think we are the second best team in the country and could lose one or possibly two times over the next two weeks. That's how good I think Tennessee and TAMU are.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I"m going to bow out of this thread.. I know what I saw and I'm not going to argue with anyone about this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. *shrug*

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.