Reuben Foster injury? (we have two 'R. Fosters' on the team...)

fourbama

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
Was anything said about Fosters injury after the game. We need him for next week!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: R. Foster

Really worried about Rueben. If I am not mistaken he has had his bell rung on quite a few occasions in his career.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Really worried about Rueben. If I am not mistaken he has had his bell rung on quite a few occasions in his career.
On the play he got hurt I think he returned to his old, bad form and lowered his head when making a tackle.

Hope he is available against UT!

TravHouse

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2015
London, England

Without opening a can of worms regarding the talk about concussions in Football..

I find it interesting that there is no rest period after a concussion in football..

In rugby, if you are assessed by a professional to have had a concussion you have to sit out for 2 weeks

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Is he the one that had to wear that high neck brace thing when he played early in his career due to him lowering his head so maybe times? Or whatever its purpose was.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

Never watched Rugby, but it's surprising in the video how many times the tackler lowers his head and drives in without a helmet. Of course it's not head to head contact, but still the vertebrae are compressed/twisted/extended.

TravHouse

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2015
London, England

Never watched Rugby, but it's surprising in the video how many times the tackler lowers his head and drives in without a helmet. Of course it's not head to head contact, but still the vertebrae are compressed/twisted/extended.
Believe it or not but rugby tackling is very technical. From a very early age in rugby you are taught the techniques of tackling and how to place your head away from contact in a way that avoids serious injury, or minimises them anyway..

When I first started watching Football I could not believe how tacklers dived head 1st..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.