Game Thread: UGA vs USC

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Georgia scored on the opening drive. 7-0 currently.

They showed the gamecocks training facility. They have photos of the 2010 team tackling Trent Richardson on the walls. I would have thought they'd use pictures of Clemson to motivate their players rather than Alabama. Just goes to show you how many teams consider Alabama the Golden standard.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Carolina is most likely going to lose this game, badly. Their defense is barely holding together.

It's too bad they hired Muschamp instead of a much more promising coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Carolina is most likely going to lose this game, badly. Their defense is barely holding together.

It's too bad they hired Muschamp instead of a much more promising coach.

You're probably right. Georgia has been gashing them with the run, but hasn't been able to capitalize except the first drive.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Georgia scored another TD about 15 minutes ago. They are up 14-0 with about 9 minutes left in the second quarter.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Well SC has kept it close, might be able to pull off the upset. Keep the home streak against Georgia alive! That punt by UGA certainly doesn't help though.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
What did you buy? A 4K 80" TV?

So many missed calls in this game, what is going on with SEC refs this year? Were they instructed to through less flags this year?

In all seriousness, I blame it on reviews. The more things that become reviewable, the more relaxed the refs get, thinking that review will get it if they miss it.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Maurice Smith just got a critical tackle on 4th and short. Why DOES that name sound familiar (blue font).

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

What did you buy? A 4K 80" TV?

So many missed calls in this game, what is going on with SEC refs this year? Were they instructed to through less flags this year?

In all seriousness, I blame it on reviews. The more things that become reviewable, the more relaxed the refs get, thinking that review will get it if they miss it.
I applied for a card and got it while at the register and went SHOPPING.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
These refs are killing USC by refusing to blow the whistle at the end of forward progress.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Well, you can't have everything. First time I've seen an onside kick returned for a TD.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think SC is showing that Spurrier made them relevent and now they are returning to their rightful place, cellar dwellers.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I didn't understand why they hired him.

He knows more about defense than most of us combined, but he just seems like such a jerk. He's not he kind of "face" I'd want on my program.

In the halftime interview with the sideline chick reporter he acted aloof and wouldn't even look at her. He acted like he didn't have time to do what every coach does.

I know CNS catches some grief for his gruffness, but even when he's upset he takes the time to do the interviews and acts like a professional.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I didn't understand why they hired him.

They wanted to make a big splash with a name that people recognized, but they didn't have any big names who wanted the job. WM was a name with a little bit of sizzle, but I also doubt Muschamp will be very successful at USC.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
They wanted to make a big splash with a name that people recognized, but they didn't have any big names who wanted the job. WM was a name with a little bit of sizzle, but I also doubt Muschamp will be very successful at USC.
This will be his last coaching opportunity. He won't last at USCe three years. My guess is they'll give him this season and realize halfway through next that he's not their guy. He'll either be let go during the season or afterward. But why people look at him and think "Head coach" is beyond me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.