Link: ProFootball Focus BAMA-ARKANSAS GRADES

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here to read:

[FONT=&quot]What Alabama did to Arkansas quarterback Austin Allen on Saturday night really can’t be overstated. Allen dropped back to pass 61 times, and was under pressure on 42 of those plays. That’s 68.9 percent of his dropbacks. To put that into context, Allen was pressured on 37.8 percent of his dropbacks through the first five weeks of the season — one of the highest rates in the nation. [/FONT]
Jalen Hurts, 72.7

TE O.J. Howard, 76.4[FONT=&quot]C Bradley Bozeman, 75.8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OT Cam Robinson, 74.2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OT Jonah Williams, 73.1[/FONT]
WR ArDarius Stewart, 71.6
CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, 88.7[FONT=&quot]LB Shaun Dion Hamilton, 83.9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ED Tim Williams, 82.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ED Terrell Hall, 81.8[/FONT]
S Ronnie Harrison, 80.3
Lot of people complained about Harrison's performance last night, but It's not always what we see...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The feeling is mutual. I had a chance to watch the tape again, and I feel little better than I did last night, and I thought everyone kinda slowed down and didn't really make stronger effort.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The feeling is mutual. I had a chance to watch the tape again, and I feel little better than I did last night, and I thought everyone kinda slowed down and didn't really make stronger effort.
Maybe they were tired? Did you see the ToP differential?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I don't think this article gives Allen enough credit. This is as gutty a QB as you will ever see who played very well despite the pressure he took. As I watched he made the game feel closer than it was. This is 2 wenoeks in a row he has gotten absolutely trashed by the defense and would keep getting up to complete passes downfield.

The article says that he was pressured on 35.5% of his attempts. How did he do on those attempts? He went 11 of 30 for 184yds or 16.72 yds per completion. Without pressure, he completed 14 of 18 for 216 yds or 15.42 yds per per completion. To me this guy played outstanding in spite of the pressure. But this just highlights how bad our secondary played last night. Not a good performance at all. We can't waste pressure like this in future games and expect to win. While augmented by the turnovers, Arkansas was 50% on 3 and 4 downs which lead to them having 37 minutes in TOP.

If they had a competent defense I could see this game being much tighter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I don't think this article gives Allen enough credit. This is as gutty a QB as you will ever see who played very well despite the pressure he took. As I watched he made the game feel closer than it was. This is 2 wenoeks in a row he has gotten absolutely trashed by the defense and would keep getting up to complete passes downfield.

The article says that he was pressured on 35.5% of his attempts. How did he do on those attempts? He went 11 of 30 for 184yds or 16.72 yds per completion. Without pressure, he completed 14 of 18 for 216 yds or 15.42 yds per per completion. To me this guy played outstanding in spite of the pressure. But this just highlights how bad our secondary played last night. Not a good performance at all. We can't waste pressure like this in future games and expect to win. While augmented by the turnovers, Arkansas was 50% on 3 and 4 downs which lead to them having 37 minutes in TOP.

If they had a competent defense I could see this game being much tighter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
2 wenoeks? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Maybe they were tired? Did you see the ToP differential?
I mentioned a while ago how defensive touchdowns keep your own offense off of the field and can actually wear out your own defense. Seems it's becoming a trend for our defense. It's quite similar to scoring too quickly and leaving too much time on the clock for your opponent.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Howard is one of our best run blockers this year. It is really quite impressive considering that run blocking was a huge liability for him in his first few years but the light came on last year in my opinion. He's just even better and now he's basically a weapon with the way he can pull and get on a linebacker with some strength on both interior and off-tackle runs. His athletic ability is uncommon for the TE body type and he's putting it to work both in run blocking and pass routes.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We saw another true freshman star get his first meaningful playing time in Terrell Hall. This kid is going to be special and our next Tim Williams/Ryan Anderson.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Their QB was getting killed out there and I say that kid has a lot of guts. I didn't watch Arky play A&M but I read that their fans said he was deadly accurate when he had time to throw. He's already better than his brother was. Coach Bielema is going to get him killed if he keeps playing him in the forth quarter when the game out of reach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.