Pick the score: Tennessee vs. Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They have a very good offensive unit, and I expect them to score because they chuck the ball down the field to big WRs - this is a problem against defenses at every level. TN's defense is really bad for an SEC defense. They give up way too many big plays and points.

Alabama - 45
Tennessee - 27

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Viles banged up; Bama better even if Tenn was at full strength. If Bama doesn't turn the ball over, they win by say 34-14. If they turn it over early, and the crowd stays in it, anything can happen.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Tennessee 42
Bama 40

Would not surprise me at all if we are up 28-7 at the half.
Would be highly unusual and unlikely that Bama would score 12 points in the second half and wind up with 40. Four FGs?

Very unlikely final score unless the we you are referring to is ut. Very unlikely final score. PERIOD!

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Bama will run on UT. That'll be primary game plan focus. We have the RB depth and the O-line is gelling. Keep Dobbs and Co. off the field. CLK will get his shots down field, of course. I ain't worried about scoring on that sieve of a defense.

10rC (I HATE ORANGE) will be better suited to start Kamara and make him primary whether Hurd returns or not. If Hurd tries his bully style running he'll get clocked, Reuben Foster or not. Kamara is a slasher and he can avoid the solid hit by being shifty and he's also a threat to receive. But that'll be minimized 'cuz CNS is going to use the secondary mistakes against Arky to drill home what everyone not named Minkah should be doing. #11 might hurt is with his feet at times but his last name ain't "Allen". He's nowhere near as accurate or has the velocity.

This assassin axe & ball out belt thing needs to go away for this game IMO. Just play assignment football and the TD's & NOT's will come. Stop trying to earn the individual trophy and play football!

Bama - 38 (minimum)

10rC - 20

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Bama 44 tenn 24, Bama's D stayed on the field a little longer than needed thanks to the not's not that I don't like not's, this D is good I think we roll, the O will be more into ball control mode.[HR][/HR]

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
BAMA 31
TENN 28

Hope Reuben Foster can play! We should be able to get at least 7-10 points off their turnovers but we can't always depend on that. Offense has to be great and we need explosive plays downfield. I hope Jalen keeps getting better with the long ball because we need that. Wonder if Lane will try an explosive play to start the game like he did 2 years ago when we were there? RTR! Glad the weather is supposed to be nice too.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
54-17 ... we still haven't played a COMPLETE game yet, hoping it will be against A&M but woun't be surprised if its against the Viles by default. I'm thinking we jump on the hard early and play a complete 4 quarters.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Some seem to think that Ark. didn't take advantage of the defensive lapses. They did! They still got beat by 18 points and it EASILY could have been worse. At least 10 points were left on the field.

I can't assume that UT will do even more than Arky did.

What about if UT plays like they've played? What will happen? If they play like they have Bama will absolutely shred them. Is it a guarantee? Of course not. Just look at last year and the slog it was for both teams. I think they will really struggle with not having their usual bye week. They are seriously banged up, but if both teams play to form I really like our chances.

41-27 Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Would be interesting to see that broke down by qtr. Tennessee has been a big second half team this season.
UT scoring by quarter:
1st: 17
2nd: 41
3rd: 45
4th: 90
OT: 10
total ppg: 33.8

For comparison, here's Bama's scoring by quarter:
1st: 51
2nd: 83
3rd: 73
4th: 52
total ppg: 43.2

Keep in mind Bama's 4th quarter scoring is down because we're typically playing backups much of this quarter. UT is the opposite - they're typical in panic mode trying to eek out a win. if Bama kept the starters in through the end of the game the 4th quarter scoring would be MUCH higher...

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Bama 14 7 7 24 - 52
10RC 0 7 10 14 - 31

They are a second half team, no reason to believe we can't match scores when we need it in the 4th Qtr

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Just an FYI, but we're six games into the season - we're at the point that statistics start to reflect reality.

That said, statistically, Arky is as good (if not better) in virtually all the important measurables as TN is. Is TN a good team? Yes. Is Arkansas a good team? Also yes.

If we play UT like we did Arky, we win. We're better at virtually every position (including QB - look at the stats) and despite our sloppy play vs Arky, we also had a ton of explosive plays.

UT will have to play their best game to beat Bama and Bama will have to play worse than they have all season in order for UT to win.

Does that guarantee a Bama blowout? Nope. Does that mean Bama definitely wins? Nope.

But the odds are in our favor. Another solid (not perfect, but solid) performance in all three phases yields another Bama victory. Bama is better across the board - it's going to take anomalies for UT to win.

RTR
This is what I wanted to say. I'll add that Arkansas was a healthier team coming off a cupcake opponent. Tennessee is badly dinged up and coming off a double overtime loss on the road. I'm leaning more and more that Arkansas is a better team than Tennessee.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
UT scoring by quarter:
1st: 17
2nd: 41
3rd: 45
4th: 90
OT: 10
total ppg: 33.8

For comparison, here's Bama's scoring by quarter:
1st: 51
2nd: 83
3rd: 73
4th: 52
total ppg: 43.2

Keep in mind Bama's 4th quarter scoring is down because we're typically playing backups much of this quarter. UT is the opposite - they're typical in panic mode trying to eek out a win. if Bama kept the starters in through the end of the game the 4th quarter scoring would be MUCH higher...
If Bama is able to get out ahead on Tennessee (UT's season thus far suggests that will happen), I like Bama's chances in putting the game away early.

How many times do we see a team come back from a big deficit to only lose because they used up all their mental and physical energy to comeback in the game? UT has done that numerous times this season. Except Saturday they didn't finish the deal. I suspect the players healthy enough to play Saturday are going to be mentally drained as well as physically tired.

Saban harped on finishing games and playing for a full 60 minutes today during his press conference. Said that was one of his messages going into the season. The Arkansas game (sloppy butt-kicking) came at the best time for this team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.