Pick the score: Tennessee vs. Alabama

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
UT scoring by quarter:
1st: 17
2nd: 41
3rd: 45
4th: 90
OT: 10
total ppg: 33.8

For comparison, here's Bama's scoring by quarter:
1st: 51
2nd: 83
3rd: 73
4th: 52
total ppg: 43.2

Keep in mind Bama's 4th quarter scoring is down because we're typically playing backups much of this quarter. UT is the opposite - they're typical in panic mode trying to eek out a win. if Bama kept the starters in through the end of the game the 4th quarter scoring would be MUCH higher...

You make a good point, but I still think some are being a little dismissive of what they have done in the fourth qtr of their games against sec competition. Dobbs may not be a polished passer but he has shown that he can extend plays and do things with his feet. We may very well go up there and win 49-7 but I think the more prudent thing to do is to predict it as a very close game. If the game were being played in Tuscaloosa I'd be picking us to win, I'm giving them a slight edge because it's in Knoxville.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You make a good point, but I still think some are being a little dismissive of what they have done in the fourth qtr of their games against sec competition. Dobbs may not be a polished passer but he has shown that he can extend plays and do things with his feet. We may very well go up there and win 49-7 but I think the more prudent thing to do is to predict it as a very close game. If the game were being played in Tuscaloosa I'd be picking us to win, I'm giving them a slight edge because it's in Knoxville.
It's not being dismissive when placed in context, as has been done in a number of threads. TN has a very good team. Alabama has a better team. As long as Alabama keeps the foot on the gas offensively, TN can score as much as they want in the second half and it won't matter.

Remember, aTm had 2 chances to seal that game in the 4th quarter. They had a player fumble the ball going into the end zone with less than 2 minutes on the clock - the TD would have sealed the game. They had a very short FG miss as time expired in the 4th quarter.

TN didn't get to OT against aTm because they are great in the 4th quarter. They got back into that game because aTm lost focus and failed to put them away. Alabama is not about to make that mistake.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
It's not being dismissive when placed in context, as has been done in a number of threads. TN has a very good team. Alabama has a better team. As long as Alabama keeps the foot on the gas offensively, TN can score as much as they want in the second half and it won't matter.

Remember, aTm had 2 chances to seal that game in the 4th quarter. They had a player fumble the ball going into the end zone with less than 2 minutes on the clock - the TD would have sealed the game. They had a very short FG miss as time expired in the 4th quarter.

TN didn't get to OT against aTm because they are great in the 4th quarter. They got back into that game because aTm lost focus and failed to put them away. Alabama is not about to make that mistake.

I agree that overall we ARE the better team, I just think this could be a perfect storm for the vols.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree that overall we are the better team, I just think this could be a perfect storm for the vols--kind of like the 2013 iron bowl, when we also had the better team.
Please expound on this thinking.

Remember, Alabama missed 3 FGs in that game and had a chance to put it away.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
SIAP, The Danny O'Brien, the starting UT DT who was carted off of the field on Saturday has been dismissed from the team for a "violation of team rules". CBJ says that UT will provide any further medical care stemming from the injury.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree that overall we ARE the better team, I just think this could be a perfect storm for the vols.
I get it - you've got bad vibes going into the game. A great quote helps me when I feel this way:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Winston Churchill

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
We beat an Ole Miss team on the road that would absolutely destroy UT, even without all the injuries.

Bama wins 38-17 in a game that we control from start to finish.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Well well quite the prediction thread and it's only Monday. Heh, it must be UT week.

Offensively the vols are dangerous so they will score some. Dobbs will turn it over a few times too. No reason I see that our NOT streak doesn't continue. I think our offense will put up UF 2014 type production numbers. We drop double nickels on 'em.

Alabama 55 Tennessee 31

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not too worried about Tennessee. they have over 10 players that are injured or got hurt in the recent game. I think this is the game where Tennessee finally tap out and say " I can't do this anymore" 49-17 Alabama.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think it will be our biggest offensive game of the year and our best defensive game of the year.
Bama 56
UT-3
Total destruction.
Wait and see.
If I have to eat crow, I like "Sweet Baby Ray's" BBQ Sauce. :)
I'll take 1-0, but that' my prediction.
sip

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think it will be our biggest offensive game of the year and our best defensive game of the year.
Bama 56
UT-3
Total destruction.
Wait and see.
If I have to eat crow, I like "Sweet Baby Ray's" BBQ Sauce. :)
I'll take 1-0, but that' my prediction.
sip
You make me proud, Sip!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.