Pick the score: Tennessee vs. Alabama

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I think it will be our biggest offensive game of the year and our best defensive game of the year.
Bama 56
UT-3
Total destruction.
Wait and see.
If I have to eat crow, I like "Sweet Baby Ray's" BBQ Sauce. :)
I'll take 1-0, but that' my prediction.
sip
Vegas must be listening to sip. Line keeps climbing.

45 -20 seems about right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
If we play like we did against arky we lose.
If we play like we did against Arkansas:
264 yards rushing
253 yards passing
10.1 yds per play on offense
Convert 50% on third down
Score on 3/4 redzone opportunities
51.5 yds per punt
+2 TO margin
Allow 2.0 yards per rush
Have 7 sacks and 42 QB pressures
return a fumble and an INT for TDs

I can't imagine a scenario where we lose . . .

That doesn't parlay into automatic victory against UT; but, as you state, if we play like we did against Arkansas our chances of winning are EXTREMELY likely.

There's a reason why we're a double-digit favorite on the road against a top 10 team.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think it will be our biggest offensive game of the year and our best defensive game of the year.
Bama 56
UT-3
Total destruction.
Wait and see.
sip
Could definitely see this happening. All that effort to get the depth needed for a game like this is now gone for UT due to injury. If we control the LOS and can run the ball they will be dead legged and it will get ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Bama 56
UT-3
Total destruction.
Wait and see.
sip
I'll have some of that!!!

My heart says I hope your right, but my head says it'll be slightly closer.

I do feel much better about the game knowing they are so beat up AND knowing this game means so much to them. Bama seems to rise to the occasion in games like this.

They'll be emotional, despite the fact they are physically wounded and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get up quickly to an early lead of 7-10 points.

But I think our depth, health and steadiness will prevail and we'll (hopefully) pull away.

I think the key to this game will be RUN THE BALL and PLAY ACTION PASSING!

BAMA 38
vols 24

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think the key is to run the ball too --hopefully we won't fumble the ball while doing so! We need to keep Josh Dobbs and Kamara off the field as much as possible! Who do you think will take Reuben Fosters's place if he can't play? I hope he can play though because we sure need him. Hope Jalen can complete a few long passes to keep TN defense wondering. I love Jalen and think he is doing great for a true freshman, but really wish he would complete a few long balls to help his confidence on that type of throw.

Are you saying Hurd isn't playing?
I think the key is to run the ball too --hopefully we won't fumble the ball while doing so! We need to keep Josh Dobbs and Kamara off the field as much as possible! Who do you think will take Reuben Fosters's place if he can't play? I hope he can play though because we sure need him. Hope Jalen can complete a few long passes to keep TN defense wondering. I love Jalen and think he is doing great for a true freshman, but really wish he would complete a few long balls to help his confidence on that type of throw.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
If we hit Dobbs as much as we did the Arky. QB the game could get ugly. I remember a play when Dobbs was hit on the sideline against Georgia and the very next play he threw an int. because of the fog he was in. We have to be able to get to him and tackle him in space. If we do that we will be o.k. I don't think their defense can stop us, especially with all the injuries they have. The "throw it up" mentality may give them a couple of scores, but I have to think some of what we saw the other night was pracitcing different kinds of coverages. Ryan Anderson will probably not have to cover many slot receivers this week and our middle LB's will cover the TE dragging over the middle.

Alabama 45 Tennessee 17

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
The story line will come down to two things:

1) what's UT's mental status? deflated? angry at Butch (hurd situation)?

2) how beat up are we? defense is thin, as is. (we will revisit this question next week, too, I'm afraid)

If UT is focused, this could be close. Can we get several 3, 4, 5 and outs? If yes, we win easily and I hope aTm is at home thinking how good they are.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Our defense plays out. For some reason, I am confident as heck about this game.

Bama 31
Vols 9

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Bama is +5 in turnovers; sloppy top is -3
If trend continues, Bama 45 sloppytoppers 14
If it doesn't, Bama 35 sloppytoppers 24

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.