Pick the score: Tennessee vs. Alabama

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Well it is officially Tennessee week. This will be the best chance a Tennessee team has had at beating us since before Saban came to town (that's what I heard the talking heads say anyway and rocky block doesn't count :)), but I'm afraid they will be disappointed yet again. If we shore up our secondary I don't know if this game will be close, but the game is on the road, and TN is coming off a FIVE hour game.

Bama wins 41-27

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Bama 35 Vols 28. This may be the game where the defense does not spot us 14 points. If we play like we did against arky we lose. We have to have a healthy Jacobs and Harris. Minimize Jalen going vertical, but either getting the ball the RB, a receiver downfield or running up the gut........with a few vertical reads to boot.

I estimate 3 blunders at most to turn the game to the Vols.

We have 2 NFL caliber RB's. 3 or 4 NFL receivers. best Oline as you can have, and the most talented defense maybe ever.

Jalen has to manage this game, do his thing. but get the ball to Ridley Stew and OJ even if intermediate

This is the best VOL team we will face since Kiffin's. Out youth is the only concern.

Bama is a category 5 hurricane with a wobbly eye. Tennessee is a low grade 4 with a stable eye wall.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Alabama 38 Tennessee 21

For Alabama to win this they will need to run for at least 175 yards to keep the viles offense off the field. Also defense need to bring heavy pressure on Dobbs.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Bama 35 Vols 28. This may be the game where the defense does not spot us 14 points. If we play like we did against arky we lose. We have to have a healthy Jacobs and Harris. Minimize Jalen going vertical, but either getting the ball the RB, a receiver downfield or running up the gut........with a few vertical reads to boot.

I estimate 3 blunders at most to turn the game to the Vols.

We have 2 NFL caliber RB's. 3 or 4 NFL receivers. best Oline as you can have, and the most talented defense maybe ever.

Jalen has to manage this game, do his thing. but get the ball to Ridley Stew and OJ even if intermediate

This is the best VOL team we will face since Kiffin's. Out youth is the only concern.

Bama is a category 5 hurricane with a wobbly eye. Tennessee is a low grade 4 with a stable eye wall.
I don't get any of this. It what realm has Tennessee displayed anything remotely close to stability this year? They have only one loss because they've played one good team.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
38-10 jump on them early. They finally play a team that can take the air out of the ball and not letting them back in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I don't get any of this. It what realm has Tennessee displayed anything remotely close to stability this year? They have only one loss because they've played one good team.
I bet my thoughts match coach Saban more than yours. Tennessee is a solid football team. Focus what we can improve on and not so much on them. Thereare dynamics that you seem to ignore, like how bad that want to beat us, how improved they are, and our youth at some positions. Yes, a tight game with a win I predict, but remember we can lose games. That seems to be lost on some. We had one undefeated season, so don't take our talent for granted. That we will beat everyone 38-0. My mindset is more like coach, optimistic. but based in reality.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think the thing that is critical in this game is offense that is prone to turnovers v. defense that is prone to create turnovers. I think it looms large on the outcome of the game and I imagine that a NOT will be a critical play that swings the game in our favor.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.