10RC dealing with key injuries

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Strange timing in that announcement. This kid was laid out motionless on the field for close to 10 minutes and had both teams on their knees and half the stadium praying for him as they wheeled him out of the place on a cart. Two days later he gets the quick boot. Must be something fairly serious.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
PED's fit with the timing, though the article I read mentioned that he had been suspended last year for the same given reason of breaking team rules- so it could be anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
Strange timing in that announcement. This kid was laid out motionless on the field for close to 10 minutes and had both teams on their knees and half the stadium praying for him as they wheeled him out of the place on a cart. Two days later he gets the quick boot. Must be something fairly serious.
I went to a Tenn board to see if I could clarify the injury situation, but not even the Tenn fans know for sure. Coach B is not talking. As of right now, they don't even know if Heard practiced today.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I went to a Tenn board to see if I could clarify the injury situation, but not even the Tenn fans know for sure. Coach B is not talking. As of right now, they don't even know if Heard practiced today.

according to Butch, Hurd will play against Bama. but as I mentioned earlier, concussions are serious stuff. is he 100% is the question and might be the reason he was held out of practice.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Overtime games and even more so in double OT games, players take a beating. The beating effects the teams the following week. (Not enough time to recover)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Alabama will be facing depleted Tennessee defense

Click here

"So, again, we're banged up. We're battered. We're bruised. But that's football. That's playing the in Southeastern Conference. We're not in any other conference. Our players understand that. They've done a great job."
Without Sutton, Reeves-Maybin and Kirkland, Tennessee has allowed an average of 35 points in its last three games after yielding an average of just 18.7 points in its first three games, albeit against Appalachian State, Virginia Tech and Ohio.
The lack of the depth for the defense is a huge advantage for the Alabama offense. I suspect we'll run the ball a lot with Harris, Jacob, Emmons and Scarbough again this week.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
The Hurd situation is strange. He goes out with apparent injury. Was back in the game later for a kickoff for sure. Lower body injury. Upper body injury. If it was a concussion, why did he go back in the game? Up, walking on the sidelines. Did not travel with team to aTm. Mum is the word out of Knoxville. Very strange.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but they are already setting this up to be their excuse for when they lose. If we stay focused, we should be able to gash them running the ball. They will certainly wear down in the 2nd half if they have that many starters out on defense. I agree that Kamara is the better back, but if Hurd doesn't play or is limited that will be a lot to overcome. Can't wait to crush what little dreams they have left, RTR!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The Hurd situation is strange. He goes out with apparent injury. Was back in the game later for a kickoff for sure. Lower body injury. Upper body injury. If it was a concussion, why did he go back in the game? Up, walking on the sidelines. Did not travel with team to aTm. Mum is the word out of Knoxville. Very strange.
Rumor is he had a concussion in the game against UGA and played at the end of the game despite having already been diagnosed (at lest superficially) with as concussed. No word as to whether his playing at the end was a coaches call or if he just ran out there, but basic concussion protocol is to take player's helmet so they can't play. According to the rumor the family has hired an attorney.

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA
tenn plays hard and with all the miracle finishes I don't see them giving up easily. They probably have better "seasoned"depth on the D line than Alabama but Obrien was a team leader. The Barnett kid is a beast! They had a 1st half player ejection Nigel Warrior ( Dale Carters son) who isn't a starter but provides depth. Kirklands return will help, but the backups have filled in adequately to date. New D coordinator is the old vandy coordinator during James Franklin tenure there. He seems to be a good one.
Keep Dobbs from ad libbing plays and win the 50/50 balls on deep throws (they have big tall receivers) and I like our chances.RTR

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
This. Anyone who thinks this will be anything other than a dog fight is wishful thinking.
Prolly right. Every dog will fight when cornered. But when it's pinned and bitten it'll submit. And that's what the Viles will do especially if our secondary tightens up and takes away some of that "dumb luck" syndrome. That'll keep the ball in Dobbs hands just a tick longer and he'll either throw it up for grabs or get clocked.... or both.

I Hate Orange!

RTR!!!

rbvols

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2003
tulsa,ok. usa
I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but they are already setting this up to be their excuse for when they lose. If we stay focused, we should be able to gash them running the ball. They will certainly wear down in the 2nd half if they have that many starters out on defense. I agree that Kamara is the better back, but if Hurd doesn't play or is limited that will be a lot to overcome. Can't wait to crush what little dreams they have left, RTR!
Most reasonable Vol fans, keyword reasonable lol, know that on paper Bama's talent should win like you have been doing even if both teams are at full strength. These injuries for the Vols have been unbelievable especially the ones on defense and now a DL starter dismissed on top of that. What I like about this team is that it hasn't quit like they did a few years ago when depth was a serious problem. These backups are decent recruits and they have gotten some valuable gametime reps. If the turnovers were even in the aTm game, I believe we would have won. Hoping no one gets hurt this Saturday on both squads, and that our home crowd helps keep this thing close. Nothing but respect for the Crimson Tide.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Most reasonable Vol fans, keyword reasonable lol, know that on paper Bama's talent should win like you have been doing even if both teams are at full strength. These injuries for the Vols have been unbelievable especially the ones on defense and now a DL starter dismissed on top of that. What I like about this team is that it hasn't quit like they did a few years ago when depth was a serious problem. These backups are decent recruits and they have gotten some valuable gametime reps. If the turnovers were even in the aTm game, I believe we would have won. Hoping no one gets hurt this Saturday on both squads, and that our home crowd helps keep this thing close. Nothing but respect for the Crimson Tide.
Your A&M performance was one of the most amazing I've ever witnessed. You had Bama type "grit and pluck". Too bad Phillip Fulmer destroyed this rivalry. Prior to him it was one of great mutual respect. "You never know what a football player is made of until he plays against Alabama", Gen Robert Neyland. The feeling WAS mutual. It's a pity that it will take a looong time, if ever, for that respect to be restored.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Rumor is he had a concussion in the game against UGA and played at the end of the game despite having already been diagnosed (at lest superficially) with as concussed. No word as to whether his playing at the end was a coaches call or if he just ran out there, but basic concussion protocol is to take player's helmet so they can't play. According to the rumor the family has hired an attorney.
Well if they have hired an attorney, he may not play again this year.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
According to the Tenn boards, they believe this rumor was started by Bama fans as part of game week. Strange situation all around.
LOL, I guess that's a possibility, but why on earth would a fan start this sort of rumor - which will have zero to do with the outcome of the game?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I hope Hurd plays and plays a lot. Most overrated RB in the SEC..

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
I hope Hurd plays and plays a lot. Most overrated RB in the SEC..

Interesting you say that. He was a five star recruit, but I've never been that impressed with him either. Karmra is the threat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.