10RC dealing with key injuries

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hate to see this for Kamara. He's the best player on that team. Hate to see any player have their season end due to injury but he was actually fun to watch he is so good.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Here's that 'dirty' hit by Holcombe - it was a good call, but c'mon, Kamara is still in-bounds (and in fact, has just started pivoting OOB) while Holcombe is already launching...

I brought this up in the officiating thread. A runner is not OOB until some part of his body touches the white. KH hit simultaneously with his left foot touching the white. The hit looked bad, but it was not late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I brought this up in the officiating thread. A runner is not OOB until some part of his body touches the white. KH hit simultaneously with his left foot touching the white. The hit looked bad, but it was not late.

It looked late in real time because Keith hit him so hard he flew 10 yards into the Alabama bench. If it was just a gentle shove, there's no flag.

In real time, I don't fault the official. We have the advantage of replay.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Exactly, KH had no way of knowing that his next step would be OOB. It was more the force of the hit then the timing of the hit that generated the flag.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Was talking to a UT friend(yea, I know) about the injuries. I truly believe there is something fundamentally wrong in training/coaching. Strength, conditioning, proper technique and positioning are critical factors that can cause/prevent injuries. UT or not, I hate to see injuries to players. I think they should get a sports medicine pro or a team of them to come in and evaluate their procedures. Just don't believe this is all coincidence or dumb luck. Again, I don't like to see any player injuries, regardless who they play for.
Hope they're in good physical condition for the SECCG so we can prove it wasn't the injuries that caused the loss. RTR

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Was talking to a UT friend(yea, I know) about the injuries. I truly believe there is something fundamentally wrong in training/coaching. Strength, conditioning, proper technique and positioning are critical factors that can cause/prevent injuries. UT or not, I hate to see injuries to players. I think they should get a sports medicine pro or a team of them to come in and evaluate their procedures. Just don't believe this is all coincidence or dumb luck. Again, I don't like to see any player injuries, regardless who they play for.
Hope they're in good physical condition for the SECCG so we can prove it wasn't the injuries that caused the loss. RTR
Listening to Cubelic this morning he brought up that the number of reps the 1's are getting due to their lack of depth at a lot of positions adds to this as well. More time on the field = more chance of injury plus the fatigue factor adds to injury chances.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It wasn't flagrant and combative (like the crotch step on Minkah) so I don't know what ammo that would provide. It's football. The hit would have been the same if it had come a second sooner in bounds. It could have happened on the next play or the 3rd one after that. It's a bummer to lose a guy like Kamara but it's not like it's living proof that Bama wins by knocking opposing players out of the game on dirty hits. Don't want to get hit? Don't force the sideline. The late hit call was iffy but honestly, I get it. It's still football.
iirc, chubb got hurt on a similar play (sideline tackle) last year vs tennessee

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
but they worked out with navy seals !!!!!!

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
It looked late in real time because Keith hit him so hard he flew 10 yards into the Alabama bench. If it was just a gentle shove, there's no flag.

In real time, I don't fault the official. We have the advantage of replay.
Agree - it is what it is and a more "heads up" tackle might have avoided the flag, which I am sure Coach will point out to him in the film room.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.