10RC dealing with key injuries

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've got a good friend who's a big Vols fan and he told me the injuries are really mounting up on them. He made a comment the last time we talk (last week) that they were now playing third and fourth string LB's. I have no way to verify that because I don't keep up with their roster to that degree. But if that is the case we should be able to gut them between the tackles and on the edges with the running game. Big doses of Harris, Jacobs, Scarborough and Hurts would be my recipe of attack.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
I put no faith in what CBJ says about injuries, etc. He is always moaning about something. I think last year it was how many young players they had, or whatever. It sounds like building excuses in advance.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
The injury luck has been all bad for them. Before the game Saturday they had a db that they said would not play. So many guys got dinged up in the game they wound up putting him in. I don't think anyone who really knows is talking about Hurd, who I don't think is as good a back as Kamara, but they need both. Reeves-Maybin was the biggest loss -- he is not only a really good player, some thought he might enter the draft last year -- but he also was a leader both emotionally and schematically. If they get him and Hurd both back, relatively healthy, and fresh, it would be a big lift for them. If those two guys don't play, it limits them. Cam Sutton was also a big loss. He's an all-conference candidate. His injury was apparently the worst of those three.

Again, they are reaching the point where they are just refusing to talk about injuries, who is/isn't available for Saturday, etc.

Not much word on the players who were injured Saturday, but they helped several linemen from the field. I expect Butch to start as many walking wounded as he can Saturday but some of them will be braced, taped and limited.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I don't think it matters. They are at home and will give us their best effort. They are a resilient bunch and I look for a tough out.

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
I don't think it matters. They are at home and will give us their best effort. They are a resilient bunch and I look for a tough out.

This. Anyone who thinks this will be anything other than a dog fight is wishful thinking.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
The injury luck has been all bad for them. Before the game Saturday they had a db that they said would not play. So many guys got dinged up in the game they wound up putting him in. I don't think anyone who really knows is talking about Hurd, who I don't think is as good a back as Kamara, but they need both. Reeves-Maybin was the biggest loss -- he is not only a really good player, some thought he might enter the draft last year -- but he also was a leader both emotionally and schematically. If they get him and Hurd both back, relatively healthy, and fresh, it would be a big lift for them. If those two guys don't play, it limits them. Cam Sutton was also a big loss. He's an all-conference candidate. His injury was apparently the worst of those three.

Again, they are reaching the point where they are just refusing to talk about injuries, who is/isn't available for Saturday, etc.

Not much word on the players who were injured Saturday, but they helped several linemen from the field. I expect Butch to start as many walking wounded as he can Saturday but some of them will be braced, taped and limited.

Maybin- reeves and Sutton are done for the season. Hurd is coming back per Butch, but is he 100% ? concussions are a tricky thing.
both their starting OLine are dinged up, they might play. their starting DT O'Brian was hit hard on the head, he is questionable.
they might get back their starting MLB Kirkland.

either way, they are hurting as a team with regards to injuries. the TAMU contest was a very physical game for both teams. And now they get Alabama , a very physical team on both sides of the line. it won't get any easier for those vols.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
They just dismissed O'Brian the DT who was taken off the field on a stretcher. Maybe they found PEDs in his system at the hospital??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.