2016 UT Game Week Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban: We had some lapses in the game. We're still searching in able to play a complete game.
Saban on injuries: A couple of guys out today, hopefully back tomorrow. We're a little banged up. Reuben Foster and Alphonse Taylor.
Saban: Tennessee is an important game in this state to our players and our fans.
Saban: Tennessee is for certain a top 10 team in the country.
Saban on defensive aggressiveness: "I thought 1 of the things we did well in the last game was we did affect the quarterback w/ pass rush."
Saban unhappy with D: "We need to be more difficult to score on. ... We've played 2 games this year where we've given up a lot of points."
Saban on Alvin Kamara: "Alvin, to me, is an outstanding player. He's got good speed, is very instinctive, is a good receiver."
Saban: There's two things when I was playing that weren't big issues: getting hit in the head and getting the wind knocked out of you.
Saban: Reuben hit his head on the ground, it wasn't a helmet to helmet thing.
Saban says Rashaan Evans' low-hit call was suppose to be a judgement call, & wasn't intentional on Evans part, so he explained that to ref.
Saban on the secondary: I think we made a couple mental errors. We just didn't play smart at times in executing what we had to do.
Saban on JK Scott: "I don't take him for granted at all. I respect the guy's ability tremendously. He's been very consistent this year."
Saban on UT's ability to comeback in games: "We need to do a better job of (playing the full game), we can't have lapses in games."
Saban: Everyone has to understand you're either in control of the game or you're not. Teams can score quickly.
Saban on defending Hail Mary plays: "We try to man-match them. We have certain guys that play the ball, certain guys that box out."
Saban on defending a hail mary: "I've lost games on this before, I don't think this is a play anybody should take for granted."
Saban: "I wasn't the happiest camper in the second half or after the game because we weren't in control of the game."
Saban: "I don't think we controlled the game in the second half, that's not something we can do in the future and still win the game."

Last edited:

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I am glad to see R. Evans name on the players of the game list. I thought he played lights out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Nick Saban on the SEC Coaches Teleconference: This is a big rivalry game, a lot of tradition to it. It's going to take great effort.
Saban: It's going to take a great effort on our part to go up there and play the kind of football we need to be successful
Saban on Fitzpatrick: "He's got a better understanding of what he's doing."
Saban on Fitzpatrick taking the ball out of the EZ: "The first thing I thought was 'oh no.' When he got to the 10, I thought he could go"
Saban on Gehrig Dieter: He's done a good job. It took him a while to get used to a new offense. He's been a very effective player for us.
Saban on Dieter: "It probably is difficult for a guy but he knew that going in & he's done everything he can to contribute to this team."
Saban on Jalen Hurts: "He doesn't seem to get too rattled by things. Even when he makes a mistake or error, he goes into the next play."
Saban on Jalen Hurts: He's improved every week. His poise has contributed to that. That poise will be necessary this week.
Saban on defense: We're not pleased with the number of big plays we've given up.
Saban on running outside tackles: Blocking on the perimeter has been effective for us.
Saban on running successfully outside tackles: "We've tried to run the ball outside so we can run the ball inside. It's worked well for us."
Saban on Damien Harris: "I think when he has been healthy, he has played extremely well."
Saban on running back Damien Harris: He's instinctive, he's a good receiver and he's a very tough player.
Saban said this will be the most challenging situation Hurts has faced all year
Saban on Hurts at UT: "He's got to be the commander-in-chief out there & he has to be the field general when he gets the ball in his hands."
Saban on Jonah Williams: It's pretty amazing he's been able to play with that kind of poise and execute as well as he has.
Saban on playing on the road: I think the biggest thing with this team is consistency in the game.
Saban: "You can't relax when you're on the road. Momentum is a big thing, and to control momentum, you have to take it one play at a time."

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think he's been irritated since that Arkansas 1-minute drill TD to end the first half on Saturday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.