Bama Will Beat Tennessee and A&M

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Tennessee is a walking MASH unit and the O Line for A&M is garbage. Their D Line is not much better against the run. Our biggest threat in LSU at night in Death Valley. I think they are the only team that can match us player for player and O seems to have them playing with confidence. I can definitely see us going undefeated in the regular season.

Tennessee is a walking MASH unit and the O Line for A&M is garbage. Their D Line is not much better against the run. Our biggest threat in LSU at night in Death Valley. I think they are the only team that can match us player for player and O seems to have them playing with confidence. I can definitely see us going undefeated in the regular season.
I love your line of thinking here and I agree.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wont go that far about A&Ms O line ... I'm thinking they will be the best O line we face out of the next 3 opponents. But I do believe we can run the table as long as the boys stay focused one game at at a time. If we can shut down A&Ms passing game, I think we'll take it by two touchdowns. i still believe that Ol Sis was the best defense that we will face in the SEC, but that doesn't mean that we can overlook anyone. All three of the next teams defenses we will face are quality defenses.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wont go that far about A&Ms O line ... I'm thinking they will be the best O line we face out of the next 3 opponents. But I do believe we can run the table as long as the boys stay focused one game at at a time. If we can shut down A&Ms passing game, I think we'll take it by two touchdowns. i still believe that Ol Sis was the best defense that we will face in the SEC, but that doesn't mean that we can overlook anyone. All three of the next teams defenses we will face are quality defenses.
Why not? The OP had a valid point. Let's look at the Texas A and M schedule this yearUCLA- TAMU led UCLA 10-9 at half time and UCLA went on 15-0 run in 3rd quarter. TAMU scored 7 points in second half.

Praries View A and M- Not gonna discuss that.
Auburn- They beat Auburn 29-16. If Gus had given up his playcalling early to the other guy, I think this game is a gamechanger for Auburn.
Too many missed opportunites for Auburn in that game. Notice TAMU strugged in 1st and 3rd quarter.

Arkansas- 17 points in first half. TAMU scored 17 points in second quarter. Arkansas defense aren't good. We shoudl know that. We just beat them this past weekend.
Fifth game of the season and they played SC-7 points in 1st half.

Tennessee game- We all saw what happened.

So my point is that TAMU is struggling to put points on the board in first half for the most part. Their OL is good, but they should be scoring over 34-40 points consistently each game
and they're not doing that. Defense is good, but not that good. They haven't really played against real good defense except for Auburn.
TAMU has three big games coming up: Alabama, Ole Miss and LSU. They probably will lose two of them.

Why not? The OP had a valid point. Let's look at the Texas A and M schedule this yearUCLA- TAMU led UCLA 10-9 at half time and UCLA went on 15-0 run in 3rd quarter. TAMU scored 7 points in second half.

Auburn- They beat Auburn 29-16. If Gus had given up his playcalling early to the other guy, I think this game is a gamechanger for Auburn.
Too many missed opportunites for Auburn in that game. Notice TAMU strugged in 1st and 3rd quarter.

Arkansas- 17 points in first half. TAMU scored 17 points in second quarter. Arkansas defense aren't good. We shoudl know that. We just beat them this past weekend.

So my point is that TAMU is struggling to put points on the board in first half for the most part. Their OL is good, but they should be scoring over 34-40 points consistently each game
and they're not doing that. Defense is good, but not that good. They haven't really played against real good defense except for Auburn.
TAMU has three big games coming up: Alabama, Ole Miss and LSU. They probably will lose two of them.
If not all.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If not all.

Right, so that's why I'm not exactly sold on TAMU and Tennessee just yet. I think they're overrated. TN just have way too many injuries, and isn't consistent on offense with how they call the plays. TAMU has a QB that tends to make bonehead decisions for most part.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
TAMU is good with the pass rush...plus if Tenn-a-sissy doesn't turn the ball over multiple times in the red zone, they win the game easily. I'm not too worried about either, as long as we take care of business

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Right, so that's why I'm not exactly sold on TAMU and Tennessee just yet. I think they're overrated. TN just have way too many injuries, and isn't consistent on offense with how they call the plays. TAMU has a QB that tends to make bonehead decisions for most part.
If he isn't running then that offense is stagnant.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well I was wondering what the Plissken thread of the season was going to be this year. ;)

Seriously I do think Death Valley is probably our biggest obstacle.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm not that worried about Tennessee. They are banged up and exhausted coming off a tough overtime loss. Alabama had some guys out of their game early in the 4th quarter. I think that heavily favors Alabama, and I just don't think Tennessee is bad matchup to begin with. I do worry a lot more about A&M though because they are resting while Alabama is playing a good Tennessee team. I think Alabama has the capacity to be better than A&M, but I could easily see this game resembling the Ole Miss game if things don't go Alabama's way.

On the other hand, unfortunately Alabama might be playing Auburn and LSU at the wrong time. Those teams seem to have improved on their worse issues. There's no question in my mind that Alabama has the most talent and potential of any team in the SEC. But, they're young, they're somewhat inexperienced and they still need to develop. They have the potential to blow every one of those teams out, but a lot remains to be seen.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'm not that worried about Tennessee. They are banged up and exhausted coming off a tough overtime loss. Alabama had some guys out of their game early in the 4th quarter. I think that heavily favors Alabama, and I just don't think Tennessee is bad matchup to begin with. I do worry a lot more about A&M though because they are resting while Alabama is playing a good Tennessee team. I think Alabama has the capacity to be better than A&M, but I could easily see this game resembling the Ole Miss game if things don't go Alabama's way.

On the other hand, unfortunately Alabama might be playing Auburn and LSU at the wrong time. Those teams seem to have improved on their worse issues. There's no question in my mind that Alabama has the most talent and potential of any team in the SEC. But, they're young, they're somewhat inexperienced and they still need to develop. They have the potential to blow every one of those teams out, but a lot remains to be seen.
The one thing I will say is that the season's schedule has worked very well to develop a young team in the proper areas. It's not perfect but the way it's been laid out with the ramp up in intensity has been great for the players maturity. The out of place one is the Ole Miss game but coming back from that deficit on the road had to do mountains for Alabama's resiliency. Then the escalation of the SEC schedule after that: first a cream puff to tune up and get healthy, then Kentucky for further tune up, then Arkansas, then Tennessee.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
On the other hand, unfortunately Alabama might be playing Auburn and LSU at the wrong time.
We always play API at the wrong time. It is a fact of life. The best way to fix that problem is to move them to the East. (And that sorry journalism school, to the West. Assuming they don't have to close any more dorms, due to declining enrollment.)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Total Defense: Bama#12, Texas A&M #96. Scoring margin: Alabama +29, Texas A&M +21.
Total Defense: Bama #12, Tennessee #67. Scoring margin: Alabama +29, Tennessee +7.

I like our chances. :)

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
this bama team has exceeded my expectations. I knew the defense would be excellent, but, actually I think Jeremy Pruitt is a better def coord. his aggressive defensive play with talent provided by the bama recruiters get a chance to excel on defense. qbs have to worry now, with the pressure coming from every where, and often. the offense with freshman hurts has created a big problem for defenses now that helps our rush game. we have three legitimate running backs that feed off the threat Jalen produces to defenses. our off line has come together, in the run age, qb protection. once Jalen sees the field better, our receivers will be better utilized as well. the only sour note is still field goal kicking. I hope we don't need the field goal to win a game. lane kiffin, is once again making magic with our qbs, and play calling. I hope our guys get after trevor knight, and get revenge for the bowl game. roll tide

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

A&M defense is "good" ... as good as Tennessee's. So is Arkansas. I would put them all in the same grouping. Yet, we put many points on them even not counting Non-Offensive TD's. We'll run the table from here on out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.