CFN: Alabama vs. Tennessee Game Preview & Fearless Prediction

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
If they score 34, they may very well win. I don't think they get there. I think our CBs play better. We grind out more drives and we turn the Vols over. Hopefully, this is the game we put it all together, gain even more confidence, and use it to roll through A&M and LSWho.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Bama always busts out one complete monster game. We're close to seeing another one. Hopefully this Saturday will be one. Literally nothing suggest UT will win this game. They will have to play their best game of the year by a LOT. Bama will have to play poorly. This is almost always the case which is why CNS is always stressing that it's what the Bama players do that's going to matter much more than what the opposition is doing. I'd much rather that be the case than being a 12 point underdog at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I never thought Ole Miss would put up 40 on us, nor did I see Arkansas putting up 30. Tennessee scoring 34 certainly isn't unreasonable. I don't think Dobbs is as good a QB as Chad Kelly, and although he is a much better runner than Austin Allen, I think Allen is a fantastic passer and Dobbs is just pretty good. But Tennessee has plenty of weapons around him, even if Hurd doesn't play.

I expect a hard fought game and I'll just say this: although Alabama is the toughest team Tennessee has faced all year and our defense under Coach Saban is the most difficult to come back on by far, we still cannot afford to let up on intensity if we can get a lead on these guys. If we can get a 1st half lead, we need to bury them in the second. I think we will.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Bama always busts out one complete monster game. We're close to seeing another one. Hopefully this Saturday will be one. Literally nothing suggest UT will win this game. They will have to play their best game of the year by a LOT. Bama will have to play poorly. This is almost always the case which is why CNS is always stressing that it's what the Bama players do that's going to matter much more than what the opposition is doing. I'd much rather that be the case than being a 12 point underdog at home.
You mean except for UT being hyper-emotionally charged (with a home crowd eager to fuel them further) and running an offense that basically does all the things that have had a tendency to really bothered our D over the past several years? I'm predicting a Bama win (and we're obviously capable of coming out and completely stomping them), but of all our remaining games, I think this is the one that features the most Bama upset ingredients.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I never thought Ole Miss would put up 40 on us, nor did I see Arkansas putting up 30. Tennessee scoring 34 certainly isn't unreasonable. I don't think Dobbs is as good a QB as Chad Kelly, and although he is a much better runner than Austin Allen, I think Allen is a fantastic passer and Dobbs is just pretty good. But Tennessee has plenty of weapons around him, even if Hurd doesn't play.

I expect a hard fought game and I'll just say this: although Alabama is the toughest team Tennessee has faced all year and our defense under Coach Saban is the most difficult to come back on by far, we still cannot afford to let up on intensity if we can get a lead on these guys. If we can get a 1st half lead, we need to bury them in the second. I think we will.
Agreed. As you and I agreed in the other thread, Arkansas scored so many points because the defense was tired from the huge TOP discrepancy.

Same happened with Ole Miss, too. They scored 13 points when down by two scores in the fourth quarter.

I don't expect Tennessee to score 30 points, but I won't be surprised if similar things happen like they did against Ole Miss and Arkansas.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Can someone explain this to me?

Despite facing USC, Ole Miss and Arkansas, Bama still has the nation’s No. 1 D, giving up a mere 415 yards so far this year and two scores.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Lot of people are very concerned about Tennessee, but I'm not. I really feel like with depleted rosters, with several players out, and the fact that Tennessee coach, Jones, refused to discuss injuries sounded like he's nervous and concerned. They lost lot of their best players to injuries and one player was kicked off the team this week. I think in order for Bama to come out with a W, They have to establish the running game early on and dominate in that area. They have to find a way to control Barnett on pass plays. Tennessee having lot of problem stopping the run, so I can see Alabama doing most of their damages on run plays. One thing I would not be shocked if we see Hurts throwing for 300 yards and rushing over 80 yards.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Do you think our run game can still be as successful with Lester Cotton in there if Alphonse can't play? I thought our O Line was getting better with Alphonse for the run game and now we may not "gel" as well if Lester Cotton is back in there. Also, same for our Defense if Reuben can't play. There will be a change that might affect our D ( isn't he the "quarterback" for our Defense?) if Reuben can't play. This might be an issue if Josh Dobbs has a good game. I get nervous before each game because I hate to lose. This game makes me really nervous. I guess because I have more time to think about it since I recently retired in June! RTR!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
You mean except for UT being hyper-emotionally charged (with a home crowd eager to fuel them further) and running an offense that basically does all the things that have had a tendency to really bothered our D over the past several years? I'm predicting a Bama win (and we're obviously capable of coming out and completely stomping them), but of all our remaining games, I think this is the one that features the most Bama upset ingredients.
Bama playing their 8th straight game and aTm coming off a bye is of a much greater concern to me.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Do you think our run game can still be as successful with Lester Cotton in there if Alphonse can't play? I thought our O Line was getting better with Alphonse for the run game and now we may not "gel" as well if Lester Cotton is back in there. Also, same for our Defense if Reuben can't play. There will be a change that might affect our D ( isn't he the "quarterback" for our Defense?) if Reuben can't play. This might be an issue if Josh Dobbs has a good game. I get nervous before each game because I hate to lose. This game makes me really nervous. I guess because I have more time to think about it since I recently retired in June! RTR!
Cotton was at LG in beginning of the year. I think he's better fit as RG. Evans and Hamilton back there will be just fine. They will do lot of damage if Foster can't go. Go check out Tennessee Offense stats. You'll be surprised.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
They haven't even played that good. UT should have 3 losses. They now have almost NO depth and have a shaky oline. Run defense is sketchy. I mean those two alone usually equal a butt thrashing when Bama is the opponent. Honestly, I also think the hyper crowd works against most teams Bama plays because they are so dejected when reality hits them in the mouth. Lots of fan Cobras.

They are certainly an SEC team in the top tier and that in and of itself can mean a loss any given weekend. It's just that In the SEC matchups matter a lot. The NFL is the only other league where it is very similar. We'll see soon enough and I hope Bama takes advantage of the mismatches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.