JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
UT preview: If pressure makes perfect, Vols won’t hit many wrong notes
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 11th, 2016 10:57 PM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Oct. 11, 2016 The Tennessee Volunteers seem determined to prove that putting pressure on oneself to perform doesn’t make one tight, but rather makes one victorious. There is no question which team is coming into this game more charged up. It’s Tennessee, and had the Volunteers not lost in agonizing […]

Read More Here

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Nice work as usual, Jess. I will point out that the article states Alabama leads the categories 6-2. However, you have the Vols ahead in three categories ( QB, WR, and OL).

Nice work as usual, Jess. I will point out that the article states Alabama leads the categories 6-2. However, you have the Vols ahead in three categories ( QB, WR, and OL).
Yeah, I caught that too. I think though that with Bama focused on the rivalry we will be alright either way. Great write up Jess.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry, I literally laughed out loud when I read that you ranked TN's receiving group higher than Alabama's.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We've apparently not been watching the same Bama games. UT has a better O-line? Even with all their injuries and walking wounded that will not play? Lucky break for us. No need to even discuss the WR's. Just smh. The most important thing, at least you picked us to win - we agree on that.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Jess puts a ton of work into doing these previews for the last 18-20 years. His W/L prediction record is outstanding. He misses some here and there. For me, his previews do a couple of things. Tells me about the other team we're facing - and how we stack up (I may agree or disagree - but Jess is right more often than he's wrong); and two, usually makes me take my crimson colored glasses off for at least a minute or two to think realistically about the upcoming game.

Jess puts a ton of work into doing these previews for the last 18-20 years. His W/L prediction record is outstanding. He misses some here and there. For me, his previews do a couple of things. Tells me about the other team we're facing - and how we stack up (I may agree or disagree - but Jess is right more often than he's wrong); and two, usually makes me take my crimson colored glasses off for at least a minute or two to think realistically about the upcoming game.
Agreed. Much appreciation to Jess! He's the man!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
438 - 32. Let that sink in. Seems we have the better OL after all...
On the 438, we have not committed to running as many times as the offense did in a while, so even though 438 is huge, I believe it had much to do with an offensive play calling change for this game.
One the 32, that's not too far off of many of our opponents. And with a beat up offensive line losing it's last starter in the game, it's all that Tennessee could do.

Now, I don't think any reasonable person would have predicted a 438 to 32 yard rushing advantage and not been heavily questioned here on Tidefans. :eek:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.