What is your favorite win vs Tennessee?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I make no bones about how much I hate those hillbillies up north, and with that I have a certain amount of games that I love to rewatch on the week of tsio. I favor some wins over others, but it's hard to pick a favorite, but I think I've picked my personal favorite.

It's 2002. It's mostly because it prevented Tennessee from hitting a 10 win streak on us, and busting the fat pumpkin on the head after his involvement with the NCAA investigation. I never felt the auburn streak was going to tie the series, but the rate Tennessee was going I didn't know. I think ending the 7 years of frustration against Tennessee is probably in my top 10 of favorite wins of all time. I still remember how we just destroyed them in all phases of the game so much that neyland was colored Crimson in the 4th quarter.

So how abou y'all

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i can't remember if it was 87 or 89 (the only two vs tennessee that i've attended), but one of them was the most fun i have ever had on game day. the stadium was packed a full hour or more before kickoff and was completely raucous before the game and got more so as the game went on because we were curb stomping the vols. a few tennessee fans near the student section were in full drunken meltdown by the end of the game and the bama fans were relentless in their mockery.

It's between 2005 (vacated) and 2009.

My man, Harp popped Cory Anderson. We drive down the field and hit the game winning field goal. Gotta love it! Rocky Stop!

Or Mt. Cody with two blocked field goals. All hope was lost in our house. Then BAM! Rocky Block!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
2002 was fantastic. Santonio Beard ran all over them. That was a classic looking win. I loved that 2002 team (hate how it ended, of course).

But of all my favorites, 1992, 2002, 2005, all the Coach Saban ones, I think 2009 is my favorite. I actually left the room when Tennessee lined up for the game winning kick at the end. I still had not gotten over the shell shock of the Shula years, and figured we'd blown the game and I couldn't bear to watch. So I missed that last Cody block, but learned a valuable lesson. Never give up on the Crimson Tide, especially under Nick Saban.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
1966, 11-10 win in the pouring rain in Knoxville. My first trip to Neyland Stadium. UT's Gary Wright missed a chip shot FG as time ran out.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Probably 2009. To be honest, most of the game was very frustrating and boring. But then suddenly Ingram fumbled, I think for the first time all year, after picking up the first down that would have practically iced the game. UT scored a quick TD, then Julio botched the onside recovery, and suddenly we went from winning by an insurmountable 2 scores to about to lose by one.

The block happened right in front of me, and everyone went so wild I thought my ears were going to burst and I nearly broke my leg jumping up and down on the bench.

2007 was also fun shellacking them to start the current steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
1972 in Neyland.

"With 2:39 left in the game, Alabama took possession at the Vols 48-yard line, and three plays later Wilbur Jackson scored on a two-yard run. On the Tennessee possession that ensued, John Mitchell recovered a Holloway fumble at the Vols' 17-yard line. On the next play, Terry Davis gave Alabama a 17–10 lead with his touchdown run with just over one minute left in the game.[SUP][30][/SUP] The victory improved Alabama's all-time record against Tennessee to 25–23–7." From wiki

IIRC, Woodrow Lowe put a one jarring tackle on Holloway that caused the fumble that BigJohn Mitchell recovered. It was a great trip back to Tuscaloosa.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
2002 was fantastic. Santonio Beard ran all over them. That was a classic looking win. I loved that 2002 team (hate how it ended, of course).

But of all my favorites, 1992, 2002, 2005, all the Coach Saban ones, I think 2009 is my favorite. I actually left the room when Tennessee lined up for the game winning kick at the end. I still had not gotten over the shell shock of the Shula years, and figured we'd blown the game and I couldn't bear to watch. So I missed that last Cody block, but learned a valuable lesson. Never give up on the Crimson Tide, especially under Nick Saban.
I know what you mean. I was getting madder by the minute as we let them go down the field on us on that last drive. When they made the play that got them into field goal range and I knew they were going to win and our season was going down in flames I threw my favorite Bama cap so hard against the floor that the button on top disappeared and has never been found since. I still wear that hat on important games.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
2008 in Knoxville. It was my first and only visit to Knoxville for a game. They had the 98 championship team on the field before the game to honor them and a lot of those guy's sat in my section once they came off the field. RTR

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The year we didn't win.....but tied it up to make it feel like a win to us and a loss to them was pretty sweet. Everyone knew the Deuce was gonna run the wildcat but couldn't stop it.

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
My first Bama game I attended just so happened to be against utk and my favorite 1 too. Year? 1992 in obnoxville!

Last edited:

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
All of them but 1990 is one that stands out. Beat the NO. 3 team in country after it looked like they had a sure win. When they blocked the field goal I went nuts. Then again when we kicked one for the win. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.