Whiny Bret Bielema Makes False Claim About Ref on Monday, Backtracks on Wednesday

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Whiny Bret Bielema: "I've Been Guaranteed We'll Never See that Official Again"

Appears that way. From the SEC coaches' teleconference:

@TomMurphyADG Bielema is apologizing for his Monday comments that SEC umpire Stan Weihe would not work Ark games anymore. Said it was premature
Thank goodness the asylum hasn't been turned over to the loonies yet...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Whiny Bret Bielema: "I've Been Guaranteed We'll Never See that Official Again"

Thank goodness the asylum hasn't been turned over to the loonies yet...
If this had been true, the Florida-LSU game would have become his second dumbest move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

I personally thought the Ref blew that call in our favor. But I'm more curious why Bret thinks he'll never see that official again, and who guaranteed that to him?
I would laugh so hard if somehow they got the same SEC crew for this week's game against OM after he made this comment.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I would laugh so hard if somehow they got the same SEC crew for this week's game against OM after he made this comment.
You know, that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when Bielema's remarks reached the SEC office. SEC coaches have been disciplined for less than what CBB has already said...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

You all remember when Coach Saban made some comments about the ineligible receiver downfield rule not being enforced on these RPO plays, and then we get busted with a flag on that the very next game?

Don't tell me SEC refs can't be vindictive.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

You all remember when Coach Saban made some comments about the ineligible receiver downfield rule not being enforced on these RPO plays, and then we get busted with a flag on that the very next game?

Don't tell me SEC refs can't be vindictive.
I am sure we all remember that especially since there was no ineligible receiver downfield on that play.

Hankster2

All-SEC
Jan 18, 2006
in a house

Trying to displace some of the blame by casting shadows on the officiating which may or may not have cost you 7 points when in fact you managed to lose by 19 (25 not counting garbage-time against the backups) seems like a poor trait from a leadership and accountability standpoint. You don't see this type of behavior from the vast majority of head coaches for good reason. It's a very poor example to set.

Officiating makes us all crazy sometimes so I understand the on-field outburst, but don't necessarily condone it from a head coach getting paid millions to lead a team and set an example. Calling out the refs after the game after you've cooled-down when they certainly didn't cost you the game is just poor sportsmanship among other things.

You lost by a pretty sizeable margin in spite of scoring drives that were kept alive by questionable calls. Congratulate your opponent and move on.

Last edited:

GA_Tide

1st Team
Aug 24, 2006
Canton, Ga

This guy is a complete tool.

2 years ago he flops on Cam Robinson, draws a completely bogus penalty and does a childish victory dance. Then last year he INTENTIONALLY (I don't care what anybody says) bumps Kenyan Drake on the sideline.

He gives a funny interview and somehow brainwashed a woman 1000 miles out of his league into marrying him, but he is completely classless.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

He is exactly what we thought he is!! LOL

PROCESS HIM!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

No problem with a coach being frustrated about the officiating.

The issue is his tantrum and whining throughout the game.
Agreed. At the time he got flagged and ESPN replayed the audio he appeared he was so aggravated he was about to cry and/or have a small mental breakdown. Not a good look for the leader of your program. Burt is in way over his head and I'm sure he now wishes he had stayed at Whisky.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

Yeah, he made Bill Laimbeer look like the Berlin wall. Definitely obsessed with Bama.
This guy is a complete tool.

2 years ago he flops on Cam Robinson, draws a completely bogus penalty and does a childish victory dance. Then last year he INTENTIONALLY (I don't care what anybody says) bumps Kenyan Drake on the sideline.

He gives a funny interview and somehow brainwashed a woman 1000 miles out of his league into marrying him, but he is completely classless.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

I'd say a holding call isn't out of the question. The guy spun with Hand when Hand spun. You don't do that unless you have hold of something. This could be WHY Hand fell as he spun... he was carrying extra weight with him.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I'd say a holding call isn't out of the question. The guy spun with Hand when Hand spun. You don't do that unless you have hold of something. This could be WHY Hand fell as he spun... he was carrying extra weight with him.

thank you. that was the view i saw during the game (they played it in one of the lead ins from commercial). that is a hold and the ref in the picture is the one who threw the flag.

i heard beilema whining to holly rowe, and again in a news article quote that the guy who called the holding was only supposed to be watching the guards. he never said anything about it not being a holding call.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

thank you. that was the view i saw during the game (they played it in one of the lead ins from commercial). that is a hold and the ref in the picture is the one who threw the flag.

i heard beilema whining to holly rowe, and again in a news article quote that the guy who called the holding was only supposed to be watching the guards. he never said anything about it not being a holding call.
Yeah, it was just after the end of the first half, just coming back from the commercial break.

Anybody with Todd Blackledge's email/facebook/twitter contact info should send this sequence to him. Also to ol' Bert himself.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I wonder where this nonsense is coming from. So a ref whose responsibility is say, the DBs, sees a LB holding a TE dragging across the middle can't throw a flag on the LB? I've never heard that officials are given areas of responsibility to govern what they can and cannot flag. Only what they should focus on. When they see a foul, they have to throw the flag, right? Otherwise you'd never have multiple flags thrown on a given play, and we see that all the time.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

It’s hard to execute a spin move when you’re carrying 280 extra pounds around your neck!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Every OL is taught to keep your hands inside the shoulder pads and their OT clearly has his hands outside the shoulder pads and wrapped around D'Shawn. Clear holding call. Someone needs to send that to Burt.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

What's with these coaches getting Sabanitus when they play us! I sincerely doubt that Bielema was told by the SEC that official won't work his games anymore. If the conference starts doing that, we won't ever play the barn again because they think all SEC officials are cheating in favor of Bama.
Plain and simple he has been processed!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.