Link: BREAKING: LSU, Florida Game Gets Rescheduled

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Not really. Foley worked with the SEC to get this resolved. LSU not to much. The corn dogs will pay for this next season.
Well alleva just beat foley in this fight.

so foley can cry foul all he wants but the fact is he was out maneuvered by a superior poker player.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not really. Foley worked with the SEC to get this resolved. LSU not to much. The corn dogs will pay for this next season.
Is there a game in Baton Rouge on the 19th of November?

If so Alleva and LSU got what they wanted by drawing a line in the sand and forcing the SEC and UF to accommodate them. This has nothing to do with who works with who more than who got what when and how. LSU got what ( a home game on the 19th) they wanted when they wanted (NOW).I think everyone is hung up on the fact that LSU has to travel to gainsville twice and not that this makes Florida lose 3 homes games in the past two years and only get 1 back (the other last year). Plus the BR,GN,GN rotation switch was one of the many offers that LSU suggested last week. But LSU even offered to give Florida the home share of the profits last week if the game last week.LSU can plan for the loss of a home game for next year a lot better than planning for a loss of a home game this year.

As far as paying for next season, I guarantee you Bama would've tried to work a similar deal if they were in the same position as LSU. There is absolutly no way we would've played at Florida the week before the iron bowl and lose 2 home games because the SEC and Foley wanna play the "what's the weather" game late Thursday afternoon . I guarantee you that all these Bama fans would be praising CBB for not letting the SEC force us to play in Gainsville the week before the iron bowl while losing two home games. We would've gladly accepted two trips to gainsville over the other "reasonable" arrangements. Where Alleva went wrong is bringing Bama into his fight with Foley and Sankey. Had he not done that then he would've looked a lot better in his stance than he does now.

Fwiw I know CBB is a better diplomat than Alleva, but the fact remains that there is no way he bends either with that November 19th game.

Last edited:

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
I think the LSU AD/administration bent over backward last week to get the game played and offered many options and Florida was unwilling to have any of it. I am sure LSU decided to play hardball after that. The UF AD (Foley) overplayed his hand last week.
i disagree...lsWHO tried to take advantage of a bad situation. i hope UF beats em, and beats em good...i hope this comes back to bite lsWHO in the rear too. replace lsWHO with auburn, and I doubt you or any other BAMA fan that supports lsWHO in this situation would be saying the same thing

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Although it's a moot point as time has already passed, I'm surprised the SEC didn't see this situation looming, days leading up to the storm. Sure, a hurricane can be somewhat unpredictable, but a compromise could have included the SEC paying FSU to utilize their stadium in Tallahassee. Remember, FSU played Miami in Miami last week. Hotels would have loved it. UF would have minimal travel logistics, as would LSU.

And finally you would have had two SEC teams playing in Tallahassee. Just think of the implications of all the pics on Snapchat of UF players in FSU's home locker rooms, LOL. They would have to have it swept for bugs and hidden cameras later on.

Seriously, it could have worked and would have been the best "bad option" on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure why you say they held all the cards, although I admit I didn't read the whole thread. Seems to me Florida could have held out just as stubbornly as LSU.
Because Florida had more to lose. Assuming Alabama beats TN tomorrow, Florida controls its own destiny in the SECe race. But the by-law posted earlier makes it clear that neither of these teams is eligible for the SECCG if they fail to play all of their SEC games. So, Florida has to play the game or they gift the SECe to TN.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Because Florida had more to lose. Assuming Alabama beats TN tomorrow, Florida controls its own destiny in the SECe race. But the by-law posted earlier makes it clear that neither of these teams is eligible for the SECCG if they fail to play all of their SEC games. So, Florida has to play the game or they gift the SECe to TN.
Got it - I understand the logic & agree they had more to lose by not playing.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i disagree...lsWHO tried to take advantage of a bad situation. i hope UF beats em, and beats em good...i hope this comes back to bite lsWHO in the rear too. replace lsWHO with auburn, and I doubt you or any other BAMA fan that supports lsWHO in this situation would be saying the same thing
Replace Bama with lswho and I doubt any Alabama fan is complaining about playing 2 midseason games in gainsville instead of 1 late November game in gainsville minus 1 home game the week before the iron bowl.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Thankfully, this didn't included Alabama. Something tells me though, it would have been handled a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
That I agree on, but I highly doubt anything less than it being moved to bds would've been accepted. Basically I would suspect CBB to be more diplomatic than Alleva but most likely achieve relatively the same type of deal.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Bryan Fischer Verified account ‏@BryanDFischer

LSU’s November is now Alabama, at Arkansas, Florida, at Texas A&M. Tough month for Ed Orgeron if he wants to keep the job.

(^^^ left out Ole Miss!)

Bruce Feldman Verified account ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB

Bruce Feldman Retweeted Bryan Fischer
That'd be quite a run if #LSU somehow pulls all that off beating the nation's #1, #6, #18 and #22 teams in Nov.
If they do it, it will extremely impressive. I thought this three game run with Arkansas, Tennessee and A&M was brutal.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No one other than the writer of the article has used that bylaw. Actually saw a writer tweet yesterday he had gone through all of the bylaws last week and couldn't find anything along those lines.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No one other than the writer of the article has used that bylaw. Actually saw a writer tweet yesterday he had gone through all of the bylaws last week and couldn't find anything along those lines.
Thanks - The by-law makes more sense than the alternative (rewarding a team for playing fewer games), so if it isn't on the books, they need to make it happen.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I can't get too excited over it anyway.
I know we play LSU, and may meet FL in the SEC Championship.
(If we do our job...)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.