Diamond Notes : Scout Day a Success for Alabama

Diamond Tide

Baseball Moderator
Staff member
Jun 23, 2000
Tuscaloosa , AL USA
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Coach Goff and his staff hosted their first Scout Day since arriving in Tuscaloosa

10/13/2016

TUSCALOOSA, AL –
Head coach Greg Goff and his staff hosted their first Scout Day at The University of Alabama on Wednesday afternoon. The event was a success with Major League scouts from numerous organizations attending the event.

"I was really pleased that so many scouts showed up to watch our guys showcase their talents," said Goff of the event. "All of our players have been giving maximum effort this fall, and I believe the work they have put in was clearly on display in front of the people who will help in determining their professional futures. I want to thank all the scouts that came out and all the people involved in making the day a success."

The afternoon began with lunch served by Hoo's Q at 1:45 p.m. before the players took the field for team stretch at 2:30 p.m. CT. Fifteen minutes later, selected athletes showcased their speed with a 60-yard timed sprint. At 3 p.m., the positional players began warmups before an extended in-and-out session 10 minutes later. At the 3:25 mark, the Tide took batting practice in preparation for the day's intrasquad scrimmage, which began at 4 p.m.

In total, the Crimson Tide has 18 draft-eligible players currently on its roster.

Get all the latest information on the team by following AlabamaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

-UA-

RTR,

Diamond Tide
:biga:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.