Will Coach Saban be pleased?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Offense -- overall pleased. Running game outstanding. Hurts didn't improve in the passing game as much as I would have liked over last week.

Defense -- best performance against a quality team since the BCSNCG against LSU. Suffocating at all three levels.

Special Teams -- spotty to less than satisfactory. Scott boomed several, but wasn't consistent. Griffith was fair on PK -- XPs good, though almost missed one. KOs boom or bust. Missed only FG attempt. Punt and kick coverage not to winning standard.

Biggest issue coming up is Saban trying to keep the team from believing the ensuing hype. Expect Bad Nick this week.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Offense -- overall pleased. Running game outstanding. Hurts didn't improve in the passing game as much as I would have liked over last week.

Defense -- best performance against a quality team since the BCSNCG against LSU. Suffocating at all three levels.

Special Teams -- spotty to less than satisfactory. Scott boomed several, but wasn't consistent. Griffith was fair on PK -- XPs good, though almost missed one. KOs boom or bust. Missed only FG attempt. Punt and kick coverage not to winning standard.

Biggest issue coming up is Saban trying to keep the team from believing the ensuing hype. Expect Bad Nick this week.
Especially the youngsters who haven't been here before. I don't think there'll be a problem with Jalen, though...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Re: Will Coach Saban be overall pleased?

Good Lord, look at how much larger Bo is than those people in the stands!!!! The proportions are so different it looks photoshopped.
I was telling my son that Bo may run some steps or something for that and it's definitely not something you want your players doing. But it *is* Tennessee. I can overlook it this once at least til next October.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Will Coach Saban be overall pleased?

I don't think he was too happy about the passing, and the special teams coverage. We must improve, but to win like that and still need improving tells you how good we really are. This could be Coach's best team if we continue to score on D and Jalen keeps improving. Yes his throwing was off downfield, but the guy is the man flat out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.