Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. Vols...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Wow LOL. Coach Saban a savage..

Over on Vile Nation, they have a 10-page thread, complaining about how CNS disrespected them. A few are smart enough to point out that if you give up >400 yards, you are not a good team.

Still, not good enough for most of them.

Mind you, he referred to them as a "good team" 3 times, by my count. Sorry, but there is a difference between a good team and a very good team. Nope, not still not acceptable. A few are smart enough to figure out that if you don't want to be "disrespected" then you need to beat the snot, out of the other team.

But, we are talking about the Viles. No one will confuse them for being intelligent or rational. (There, that is disrespect!)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
And speaking of the dumpster fire, that is Vile Nation...............

The entire front page is threads kvetching about the game. No discussion of other games, no space left over for threads from earlier in the day. Nothing else, just kvetching. And more kvetching.

Should really make all of us appreciate our forum.

Then there is the thread complaining about the players quitting. One poster says he has read everything, in the last 3 hours, and never saw any of that. Someone else points out there is really an entire thread about it, and names the thread.

First poster finally finds it, and then mentions that he forgot that he has posted in it!

Yeah, makes you appreciate not being cursed of being an orange puke vile fan.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hope Florida doesn't drop a game the rest of the regular season...."Tennessee's back" year ending in 2nd place in the East would be too good.
I'm pulling for LSU when they play. Beating the Vols twice in seven weeks would be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Over on Vile Nation, they have a 10-page thread, complaining about how CNS disrespected them. A few are smart enough to point out that if you give up >400 yards, you are not a good team.
Not that I disagree with you but...

Ole Miss 522
Arkansas 473

(I pointed out CONTEXT last week but.....)

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Yeah, he does seem like a good kid. Says he wished he had high-fived Bo back just to see his reaction. I had to go pull the end of Bo's run up on you tube. I was so excited about the TD I didn't watch what he did afterward. Krymsonman
I agree with this guy being one of the good guys, and would love it if he and Bo had contact, but I don't think that he was the object of Bo's high five offer. If you replay and repeatedly start/pause as Bo enters the end zone, you will see a fan(starting in the upper right corner of the screen) already extending his arm shooting Bo a bird. This is before Bo's arm starts up. He then goes to the wall, and I believe is reaching beyond this gentlemen, who has to lean away somewhat, and offering the high five to the guy flipping him off for scoring. Look at it and see what you think.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Here I am almost 18 hours late...I've been celebrating that long. My thoughts

1. Our offense is currently averaging 504.7 yards per game.....7 yards per play. 45 or so points per game. All hail Joey Freshwater

2. Reuben Foster is the best player on this team right now and it's not even close.

3. For all the fanfare that the stars on the defense gets, Shaun Dion Hamilton is quietly having an amazing season. I'll be honest, his freshman year and even last year, I thought he was one that we might have just misevaluated, but the proverbial light has definitely come on.

4. Eddie Jackson........Eddie Jackson

5. Cam is losing money by the game. He has 3 more games against top flight pass rushers (Garrett/Hall, Key, Lawson) to make up for it but his freshman film honestly looks about the same or better than what he's put on film this season.

6. How about Anthony Averette? I thought he'd be the guy that everyone tried to pick on but he has more than held his own in one on one matchups.

7. College kickers, man. SMH

8. OJ Howard, although not lighting up the stat sheet, is making himself a load of money with his blocking. Sprinkle & Engram get the stats, but they will have question marks in the checkbox next to blocking. Not OJ.

9. We're losing a lot on defense with definite departures of Allen, Anderson, Williams, Tomlinson, Jackson, and likely departures of Foster & Humphrey (yes. Seriously). But trust me when I tell you that Terrell Hall is the next household name and Hand will work himself into a 1st round pick.

10. On the other side, all we lose is OJ and Cam (very likely). And we add Najee Harris...Good luck world. We might average 60.

What a time to be alive

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I agree with this guy being one of the good guys, and would love it if he and Bo had contact, but I don't think that he was the object of Bo's high five offer. If you replay and repeatedly start/pause as Bo enters the end zone, you will see a fan(starting in the upper right corner of the screen) already extending his arm shooting Bo a bird. This is before Bo's arm starts up. He then goes to the wall, and I believe is reaching beyond this gentlemen, who has to lean away somewhat, and offering the high five to the guy flipping him off for scoring. Look at it and see what you think.
The girl to the right of the UT fan (our right) gave a good finger after the fact as well. I think it only shows once and the rest of the replays are cut off before she gets it out...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I see that the Interwebs haven't quite reach Tennessee yet... "The Wi-Fi in Neyland Stadium is terrible"
The announcers reaction to that whole high five thing was utterly disgusting though. They turned what was at worse a playful thing and made it out to be some egregious act of poor sportsmanship. What hacks, and with retirement coming up the disdain for Alabama isn't even being poorly hidden.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Still, not good enough for most of them.

Mind you, he referred to them as a "good team" 3 times, by my count. Sorry, but there is a difference between a good team and a very good team. Nope, not still not acceptable. A few are smart enough to figure out that if you don't want to be "disrespected" then you need to beat the snot, out of the other team.

But, we are talking about the Viles. No one will confuse them for being intelligent or rational. (There, that is disrespect!)
I didn't hear the Coach Saban comments after the game but yeah, 400+ rushing given up, you are not very good.

Someone mentioned it will provide bulletin board material for UT should we rematch in Atlanta. I'm not sure it will matter.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
2. Reuben Foster is the best player on this team right now and it's not even close.
I recall a play that was a handoff going to the offense's left. I rewound and watched it a couple of times and enjoyed it with my son and my wife. Reuben was on the opposite side of the ball (on the offsense's right) at his usual LB position. Before the ball was snapped he inched up toward the LOS. It looked as though he saw something. With the snap of the ball he made a bee-line toward where the ball was going. Everyone else was moving straight north and south... blocking straight up. Reuben, however was moving diagonally. He shoved his way through the traffic at the line and met the ball carrier at exactly the point where the ball carrier thought he would hit a hole. It was amazing. It was as if Reuben picked up on a signal or a "tell" by one of the UT players. If I can find it on the game video I will post it. Anybody else see what I saw?

He is fun to watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.